KSMO-TV adds Cozi TV & Circle to channels 62.4 & 62.5.

Route66Fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2019
Missouri
I noticed, earlier today, that KSMO-TV Ch. 62 in Kansas City, MO has added Cozi TV to Ch 62.4 & Circle to 62.5. So far, what I have noticed is that the Cozi TV feed appears to be the raw feed, as it doesn't have any local commercials, also, around 11am, when I turned to Circle, on Ch. 62.5, the picture was pixelating. When I tuned back in to Circle around 1:30pm, they had fixed that problem. Also, so far, they have yet to get the EPG working on both channels. I wonder what will happen to Cozi TV on KSHB-TV Ch. 41.2?

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I checked the TV just now & noticed that KMCI-TV is now carrying CourtTV on Ch. 38.4 (Was previously Grit.) & KSHB-TV is now carring Grit on Ch. 41.2. (Was Cozi TV.). This change happened sometime between 1:30pm & 5:30pm. WDAF-TV Ch. 4 is still carrying CourtTV on Ch. 4.3.

I checked the bitrate of KSMO-TV's channels (In TSReader Lite.) & 62.1 is running at about 8.5-9Mbps, 62.2 & 62.3 are running at about 2.20-2.40Mbps & 62.4 & 62.5 are running at about 1.40-2Mbps.

Is anyone beside me tired of Court TV? The smart programming guys for the Kansas City Market now are broadcasting the identical feed on WDAF-4.3 and on KMCI 38.4. You would think the money would be in providing an additional income stream by picking up a DIFFERENT channel. I mean I get Antenna airing some episodes of a show, and ME tv different episodes, but why the identical live feed? There are still some good digitals out there that are not on Kansas City full power stations. I hope the powers that be suddenly wake up and recognize their nonsense...

Reactions: N5XZS
As long as the check clears, I doubt either WDAF or KMCI cares what's running as long as it doesn't get them fined by the FCC.

- Trip

Also have Court TV Mysteries on 38.3. Justice Network KCWE. Maybe WDAF will replace it with another channel that another Nexstar station has. Good for Antenna/Google Fiber/Mediacom. H and I/Decades have a national feed and that's good to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)