Ku band LNB on a 18" DTV dish..can it work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you try next door at 95W the CCTV channels should work

also skew is CRITICAL when you have a smaller dish

Here are the pictures of the DirecPC Dish that I mentioned earlier. (I said Direct Way earlier...I stand corrected it is DirecPC). The manual that came with this, stays it was meant to be used with Windows 95,98 and NT. This Dish is old but in pristine condition. It was never used.

Like I mentioned earlier, I am missing the 5/16 wedge, 5/16 bolt and washers. I highly doubt Lowes Depot would carry the wedge. It is also suggested to use a torque wrench to assemble the arm to the dish.

Do I even need the wedge? Or will a plain nut and washers would be a OK replacement? As the picture shows..the wedge is supposed to fit inside that slot on the botton back of the dish.

In addition ...I am also missing the four nuts on the back which connects the Dish to the assembly. These are 5/16-18 according the manual.

As far as the LNB goes, the arm leading to the LNB says it is configured for SatMex 5 (which I thought was C-Band). Can the LNB be used for Ku Band? Or would I have to do a retro fit with a Ku Band LNB and bracket?

Thanks for looking at these pictures and for your recommendations.

Attachments

• DSCN0540.JPG
    DSCN0540.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN0542.JPG
    DSCN0542.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0538.JPG
    DSCN0538.JPG
    434.9 KB · Views: 113
  • DSCN0536.JPG
    DSCN0536.JPG
    683.3 KB · Views: 106
The LNB will work just fine for any KU satellite. I have one of them too :)
(that was on a Primestar dish which worked but you cant skew those LNB's...the whole dish skews....Primestar dishes dont skew so I was limited with where I could put the dish)
so you're missing the arm for the dish? What afre the dimensions? 39x23?

The wedge nut makes it so you dont need a wrench to tighten that nut..any nut/bolt should work fine.

Attachments

• 000_0356.jpg
    000_0356.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 000_0359.jpg
    000_0359.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 131
Thats prob a standard ku lnbf, which should work just fine for ku free to air. I did a search a few days ago for somebody, looking for parts for those dishes and other CM dishes, I think it was Dow Electronics who had some parts (the lnb-support arm, for one thing) for some models. Not sure what size that dish is, I'll see if I can find the website again for you. You could prob fashion one out of tubing or conduit but it might be a trick to get the focal length right. The wedge-thing and bolts and stuff you can probably fashion out of whatever's around.

The LNB will work just fine for any KU satellite. I have one of them too :)
(that was on a Primestar dish which worked but you cant skew those LNB's...the whole dish skews....Primestar dishes dont skew so I was limited with where I could put the dish)
so you're missing the arm for the dish? What afre the dimensions? 39x23?

The wedge nut makes it so you dont need a wrench to tighten that nut..any nut/bolt should work fine.

I have the arm for it, I will post the pictures here. The size of the dish is 35 1/2 wide and 20 1/2 high. If I can assemble it with out the wedge and use some other configuration instead that would be great. My main interest right now is usable signals from Galaxy 19...97 West...on the radio side.

Attachments

• DSCN0543.JPG
    DSCN0543.JPG
    319 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0537.JPG
    DSCN0537.JPG
    166.9 KB · Views: 114
eh its a little small but should work for most of the stuff up there

since you have the arm the bolts can be had at any hardware store

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts