Ku Band RX Feedhorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And Chewie1, I had that big feedhorn pictured in your original post, too. I got the same signal quality versus the smaller feed that came with my dish, so I kept the smaller one. By the way, my dish is a receive-only. I think the large feedhorn you've got is for a transmit capable dish (as evidenced by the OMT). Don't know if that matters to 'ya.

If you are using the GEOSATpro GS120 motor listed in your signature, it has an extremely heavy duty bracket and will support this reflector. :D

Brian, you have just made my day. Right now I am using that motor with the 1M which I belive that my ex fellow worker bought both from SatelliteAV....Will start to work on making the support bracket for the inteface. Now that Panavision showed me how he did his setup and gave me an incentive to do mine.

Oh. Oh. I think that I just found a possible difference with the bolts holes pattern of both of the dished , on Panasonic's dish looks like his dish only have four holes close together for attaching the brackets, while on mine there are eight bolts holes, four close together and four far apart, maybe is just an optical illusion....Even though the dish looks off balance, it seems that the close holes pattern is the way to go on my dish.

Panasonic; does your dish have four or eight holes pattern for a support bracket interface.

Thank You.

Last edited:
My dish just has the four bolt holes.

I had the feeling that I was missing or not seing something on the pictures...Went to Lowes and Home Depot, looking for something that resembles the "L" bracket on the back of your you dish, neither one carried it....The hardware that I have is not good enough to do the job. Have to maintain at least 1.5" clearance between the motor and the back of the dish attachment points. Will see if I can find me an old bed frame and make the bracket out of it, then have to buy two clamps and some more hardware for the motor attachment to the back of the dish...Got to get all of that ready before disassembling the dish from the NPRM.

angle_iron.jpg
Here's a better picture of exactly what I'm using. I think I got mine from Menards.

Here's a link to Home Depot's selection.

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/Ntk-Extended/Ntt-angle+iron/h_d2/Navigation

Those are available at Lowes as well. I use them for many projects. They also carry a stronger four-sided version.

Tron;

They must had a shortage of those parts, the only parts they had to show were very thin and made of tin. Now that I have some refference numbers to go by, I will bring the list and see if they can find them.

I am very interested to see how the GEOSATpro GS120 will handle this particular dish size and load.

Thanks both of you for the help.

Sent remaining stock of the GS120 motor 52mm tubes to the recycler's last month, but might find one in a warehouse bin if you are interested.

Hello Gents
I got my multiswitch, It was installed in this sequence > Lnb's >multiswitch>motor> receiver, so far is working fine I can move the motor to any sat with no problems, the Q signal is better than the LNB I had in there.
Here are some pictures of the final setup.
Thanks for all the comments.
Regards.
Chewie

Attachments

• IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0166.jpg
    IMAG0166.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 95
In spite of all the distractions, it sounds like you got your original problem solved.
Great to hear it. Congratulations. :up

Just wire the motor in line between the master receiver and one of the outputs of your multiswitch, as described above. :up ;)

Sent remaining stock of the GS120 motor 52mm tubes to the recycler's last month, but might find one in a warehouse bin if you are interested.

Brian; very interested, please send me a PM with details. As you noticed my replies are mostly in the evening, too many things going with the better half, and lately little time for myself, LOL!

Thanks.

Went back to Lowes and finally found the right department where the perforated angle iron was located, before I was sent to the Construction area section after bringing a picture of the angle iron I was sent to the Hardware section, now all is good. Reinforcing with concrete where the dish is going to be located.

Well since we all talking about a few different things in this thread, I have a question, I want to buy the monster motor 6100 for the dish in the pictures that I posted, my dish is a GEOSATpro 1.2 Meter, now, the min. for motor tube is 55 mm for this dish, my question is, can I use 50 mm tube?
please let me know.
Regards.
Chewie

In the past, people have used shims.
Often made from a length of plastic pipe, slit up the side.
?I still think you'd be better off with a STAB HH-120 motor.

Thanks Mr. Anole
I believe the monster motor has a 50 mm tube for it, the STAB motor are hard to get here in the USA.
Regards.
Chewie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)