Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
Is it possible to mount a KU lnb off the scalar ring on a 6 foot prime focus dish?

Or will the focal point be off to much? The dish is pointed at 105 for cband I would like to grab 101 for the freebies and perhaps 103 for the Pentagon Channel etc...

Attachments

• ex.jpg
    ex.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 471
Possible? Absolutely! The offest KU-band LNBF will need to be positioned as close to the C band feed horn as possible to optimize Signal Quality. Once you determine the number of degrees offset, you will drive the dish to the corrected position setting to receive the desired satellite.

Here is an example of a manufactured scaler on the Skyvision website with a DBS LNBF built-in for Dish or DirecTV reception.
3500024.jpg

Last edited:
Possible? Absolutely! The offest KU-band LNBF will need to be positioned as close to the C band feed horn as possible to optimize Signal Quality. Once you determine the number of degrees offset, you will drive the dish to the corrected position setting to receive the desired satellite.

Here is an example of a manufactured scaler on the Skyvision website with a DBS LNBF built-in for Dish or DirecTV reception.

Very Cool!!

One thing to consider is that you need to use a Ku-Band LNBF designed for use on a prime focus dish. Most of the LNBFs out there are designed for offset dishes, and they will greatly underperform on a prime focus dish. SatelliteAV has a LNBF designed for use on prime focus dishes here.

3500024.jpg

OK, very informative, thanks.
I am trying the same: Using a large prime focus antenna but with a Dish Pro Lnb.
How can I make this work?
Do I just attach a scaler?

Any advise, thanks.

This is a product that can either be purchased (unsure if they make a DishPro version) or the end user adapts an existing scalar assembly by cutting a slot or hole to place the Dish Network LNBF in the right position.

Modifying an existing scalar is done by cutting a slot or hole in the scalar to place the Dish Network LNBF directly beside the existing feedhorn. Be sure to take into consideration the orientation of the scalar, position of the supporting arms, position of the LNBs, the cover assembly, and how to secure the DishPro LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts