SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
Hi guys,

I was looking at LNBFs on this site:DMS International MPEG2 Digital Receivers

I noticed that they describe the "JSC322" as a "High Gain Twin LNBF"
and they describe the "ASC322" as a "Digital Ready Ku LNBF"

Is there a difference? Will the JSC not work for digital transmissions?

Also, are Ku DCII (4DTV) transmissions considered 'digital'?

TIA

The ASC322 is an older model, the JSC322 is a new model and is supposed to have some new and better technology in it, but don't ask me what it is? At any rate it should be a better lnbf than the older one. They both will pick up digital or analog ku signals. Maybe Mr. Tim will respond and he can tell you everything about the two and any difference?

Al

The ASC322 is an older model, the JSC322 is a new model and is supposed to have some new and better technology in it, but don't ask me what it is? At any rate it should be a better lnbf than the older one. They both will pick up digital or analog ku signals. Maybe Mr. Tim will respond and he can tell you everything about the two and any difference?

Al

In the past year or so the engineers have been improving LNBF by consolidating many of the components into a integrated circuit. This has many advantages. It allows for high gain without increasing noise levels or making the stability worse. They are also more dependable, run cooler, and have a smaller and lighter size. As we all know, gain effects the noise and stability. In the past, lower gain LNBFs were the most stable and had better noise figures. Now you can have higher gain LNBFs and still have the low noise and great stability.

Good news then!
Thank you for the insight, it helps a lot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.