Ku multiple LNB bracket setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have my 3 foot ku dish pointed at 97w permanently. I would like to add a multi bracket and point it at 101, 87w, 89w, 91w etc. I was wondering the easy way to setup more lnbs so I can keep the dish in the same place. I am not interested in putting this particular dish on a motor. Also is there a way to hook up multiple diseqc switches in line with each other? I already have all 4 inputs used on my switch and if I add more lnb's on port 4 I have no Idea how to feed them all into the same port.

You are going to find it VERY difficult to pick up sats only 2 degrees apart. The lnbf's would have to be stacked side by side, and be very skinny ones at that. A good choice for multiple lnbf's is using Diseqc 1.1 8x1 switches, which support 8 lnbf's and can be cascaded, if your receiver supports it. I don't think you're going to have much luck on the 2 deg separation issue.
:(

I have to agree with brent636. Ku has a narrow beam. I played around with trying to set up a KU LNBF mounted on a 10 foot dish just under my c Band LNBF. I don't usually give up easily but I couldn't even get a hint of a signal.

There are numerous threads dealing with multiple LNBs (for some reason, I seem to get involved in most of them, LOL!), most recent being: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/266473-multi-lnb-questions.html

Basically, 4 degrees can be difficult with normal sized LNBs (Bullet LNBs make it easier, though I have never worked with them) so I usually go with 6 degrees apart. At one time I did have 97 and 101 on the same dish, so give it a try, though you may have to really jam the LNBs together and have the head of one LNB placed into the neck of the other). As well, 6-8 degrees off-centre is usually optimal to maintain viewable signal quality, but some satellites suffer serious signal loss at that distance, whereas some can be even further off-centre. All comes down to your location and the beam from the satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)