Ku multiple LNB bracket setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I have my 3 foot ku dish pointed at 97w permanently. I would like to add a multi bracket and point it at 101, 87w, 89w, 91w etc. I was wondering the easy way to setup more lnbs so I can keep the dish in the same place. I am not interested in putting this particular dish on a motor. Also is there a way to hook up multiple diseqc switches in line with each other? I already have all 4 inputs used on my switch and if I add more lnb's on port 4 I have no Idea how to feed them all into the same port.

You are going to find it VERY difficult to pick up sats only 2 degrees apart. The lnbf's would have to be stacked side by side, and be very skinny ones at that. A good choice for multiple lnbf's is using Diseqc 1.1 8x1 switches, which support 8 lnbf's and can be cascaded, if your receiver supports it. I don't think you're going to have much luck on the 2 deg separation issue.
:(

I have to agree with brent636. Ku has a narrow beam. I played around with trying to set up a KU LNBF mounted on a 10 foot dish just under my c Band LNBF. I don't usually give up easily but I couldn't even get a hint of a signal.

There are numerous threads dealing with multiple LNBs (for some reason, I seem to get involved in most of them, LOL!), most recent being: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/266473-multi-lnb-questions.html

Basically, 4 degrees can be difficult with normal sized LNBs (Bullet LNBs make it easier, though I have never worked with them) so I usually go with 6 degrees apart. At one time I did have 97 and 101 on the same dish, so give it a try, though you may have to really jam the LNBs together and have the head of one LNB placed into the neck of the other). As well, 6-8 degrees off-centre is usually optimal to maintain viewable signal quality, but some satellites suffer serious signal loss at that distance, whereas some can be even further off-centre. All comes down to your location and the beam from the satellite.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts