KUIL on smaller dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
129* on Dish 500....

Thanks Anole,

I actually do have 2 FTA 90cm dishes and receivers, one is fixed and dedicated to AMC4 and the other I just got and in the process of setting up. The thing is, my mind is always ticking and when I have extra equipment sitting around I try to figure out how I can use it for an experimental project of somekind. I have an extra 18" DTV and a 20" Dish500 dishes and LNB's. Somewhere online I found a site that says some of the Dish500 and DirecTV LNB's can be used for FTA applications, they only showed photos of the LNB's which aren't very clear but 2 of them looked like my DTV Legacy "California Amplifiers brand" dual output LNB and the other looks like my Dish500 Legacy Twins with dual output, therefore it got my mind ticking when I read Iceberg's post about adding another LNB to get 129*. I wasn't sure just what he was getting out of this set up. :)

the stuff on 129 was the DIsh Network stuff. At the time it was done (right after the satellite went loive there) all I got was the "you have a dish1000" screen :)

Sat 129

Iceberg,

after looking at the TP list for 129 I noticed that it was a lot of HDTV stuff and nearly all Dish Network, the thing that caught my eye in your photos is that your LNB's appeared to be the Legacy gender but I guess I'm wrong, it looks like you emulated a DP1000 set up. My legacy hardware won't cut the mustard and there wouldn't be any reason for me to moch up a 20" dish with my legacy LNB's for 129*.

But I'd sure like to aim my new 90cm FTA dish at it to watch White Springs TV, I noticed on their web site they're offering FTA dish sets for a price.

where have I seen that before?

That looks suspiciously like a Sadoun-style web page (and product).
Sadoun is one of our honored sponsors for FTA products.

Take a look at the WhiteSprings page, then this one and you'll see what I mean.
It wouldn't be surprising if the two were doing cooperative marketing.
...and that's a good thing! :cool:

Iceberg,

after looking at the TP list for 129 I noticed that it was a lot of HDTV stuff and nearly all Dish Network, the thing that caught my eye in your photos is that your LNB's appeared to be the Legacy gender but I guess I'm wrong, it looks like you emulated a DP1000 set up. My legacy hardware won't cut the mustard and there wouldn't be any reason for me to moch up a 20" dish with my legacy LNB's for 129*.

There are 2 satellites at 129. IA7 (now G27) and Echo 5(Dish 129)

IA7 has C-Band and KU Band (White Springs is on KU)...KU from 11.7-12.2 GHZ
Dish 129 has DBS band (12.2-12.75 GHZ). The added LNB for 129 was just to see that I could get a signal on a new satellite :)

You cant get WSTV with a smaller dish. I just tried this yesterday with my Phase II. Wont work :(

That makes sense now, I didn't know that 2 sats were in the same orbit, very interesting!!!
Thanks

There are 2 satellites at 129. IA7 (now G27) and Echo 5(Dish 129)

IA7 has C-Band and KU Band (White Springs is on KU)...KU from 11.7-12.2 GHZ
Dish 129 has DBS band (12.2-12.75 GHZ). The added LNB for 129 was just to see that I could get a signal on a new satellite :)

You cant get WSTV with a smaller dish. I just tried this yesterday with my Phase II. Wont work :(

We've gone a bit off topic to get to Whitesprings TV on 129º, but since we have...
I just took a look at the power footprint for Galaxy 27, and southern California should be glowing!
If I could find the back half of my Phase II dish, I'd go try it.
I'm not feeling the love with this Phase III, though. :rolleyes:

That makes sense now, I didn't know that 2 sats were in the same orbit, very interesting!!!
Thanks

There are a few slots that have 2 satellites
72 has 3 satellites (well sort of)...Nalheul 1, AMC6 & DirecTV. DirecTV is at 72.5 but close enough. Nahuel 1 & AMC6 share the spot at 72
91 has 3...Galaxy 11 (C& KU), Nimiq 1 & 3 (DBS)
101 has 2...AMC4 (C & KU), DirecTV
110 has 2 DBS (DirecTV & DIsh....Dish has all but 3 TP's, Direct has those)
119 has 2 DBS (DirecTV & Dish...Dish has 21 TP's and DIrecTV has 11)
129 we already spoke
148 has 2 DBS (Dish has 2 satellites there...both are crap so one has the odds and one has the evens)

Last edited:
There are a few slots that have 2 satellites
72 has 3 satellites (well sort of)...Nalheul 1, AMC6 & DirecTV. DirecTV is at 72.5 but close enough. Nahuel 1 & AMC6 share the spot at 72
91 has 3...Galaxy 11 (C& KU), Nimiq & 3 (DBS)
101 has 2...AMC4 (C & KU), DirecTV
110 has 2 DBS (DirecTV & DIsh....Dish has all but 3 TP's, Direct has those)
119 has 2 DBS (DirecTV & Dish...Dish has 21 TP's and DIrecTV has 11)
129 we already spoke
148 has 2 DBS (Dish has 2 satellites there...both are crap so one has the odds and one has the evens)

Dish has E10 and E8 at 110. So there are actually 3 birds at 110.

...uhhhh

Well if we're gonna get picky, does 82º have two Nimiq's ?
And I think 91º has two Nimiq DBS birds, too.
Lyngsat doesn't confirm, but I can see why they wouldn't draw that fine a line.
Of course, all are DBS, not FTA, so maybe nobody cares. :rolleyes:

Ice - thanks for the list. It's very educational.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts