L3.59 Spotted!!!

cpdretired said:
You can't even record a channel and view another live. The receiver has been used in the single mode.

Well i was doing that just fine tonight with 3.59 - so must be limited again to a specific type of 622 version.

I agree with abricko. Scott, maybe you could convince someone at Dish to consider this... create a private forum here and allow access only to Dish employees and a group of us who would volunteer to be testers. That way we could share our experiences with new software and help them troubleshoot (kind of what we do now but with the added benefit of actually knowing ahead of time what bugs/features are being addressed and what to look for). I would gladly sign the NDA if it would help produce higher quality software on our boxes.

cpdretired said:
By reading previous posts Dish really screwed up this time. My receiver worked perfect until L359 arrived last night. As others stated once you hit the swap button the receiver crashes. With L359 the receiver is not capable of recording more that one channel. You can't even record a channel and view another live. The receiver has been used in the single mode.

I gotta say "huh?" to this. I just got my receiver installed today (a "B" model) naturally it downloaded L359. When I read your post I had a timer recording going so I powered up TV1 (in single mode) and live TV worked fine, I hit the record button and it still worked fine. However, since I have a recording going I'm not going to try PIP at the moment just in case it does crash.

By the way, no issues so far with this unit, although I've been away most of the day so I haven't exercised it much yet. It's currently running via HDMI into the DVI input of a Gateway FPD2185W widescreen 1680x1050 monitor. My only complaint so far is that, like everybody else has reported, it runs really hot.

I am now watching ECW on the SCI FI Channel and the picture on my 622 is stuttering and almost looks like its in slow motion.

I have not reset my unit because it is also recording something for my wife.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I am now watching ECW on the SCI FI Channel and the picture on my 622 is stuttering and almost looks like its in slow motion.

Scott, I was watching the white sox blow out the cardinals and it was doing the same here... I just thought it was CCSNC and blew it off as CCSNC is notorious for that and a horrible picture quality.

Scott Greczkowski said:

My brand new 622 that I just activated last night was doing this. It is a version "F" if anyone is keeping score. I thought it was just the channel I was watching. I really didn't investigate much.

bobl said:
L3.59 seems to have broken something for me! Every time I now hit the swap button, whether the PIP window is open or not, the receiver reboots. This never happened until today. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I called Dish and they opened a case for this issue.
I have this exact problem as well.

Additionally, I can't seem to get to TV2 at all. Both TV1 and TV2 record both independently and simultaneously, but if I try to use the guide to switch to the recording that is taking place on TV2, the 622 crashes just as if I had hit the swap button.

Lovely.

bobl said:
L3.59 seems to have broken something for me! Every time I now hit the swap button, whether the PIP window is open or not, the receiver reboots. This never happened until today. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I called Dish and they opened a case for this issue.

Ditto, happened to me tonight during the Mavs - Heat game.

L359 has seemed to worsen video stuttering for me in that the skip back button won't fix it any more. I noticed it while switching back and forth on the news channels last night. The ticker at the bottom was stuttering and there was a new problem of a glimmering weird appearance to the banner that runs above the tickers. I tried my usual skip back fix and it wouldn't work no matter how many times I tried it. This was the first time that I actually had to reboot to fix the video
issues.

Common sense makes it quite obvious that there are at least 3, possibly 6 different 622 models in use.

They are desernable by the suffixes "A" thru "F" on the serial number.

Dish is apparently attempting to fix all models with the same software. How likely is it that this will work and how many releases will it take?

Dish is NEVER in a million years going to admit a hardware problem with the 622. Hell, Dish is never going to admit that there is any difference between 622 models - even to Scott.

Most likely Dish will do what Dish always does: stumble along with software fixes and quietly replace units if the customer yells loud enough until maybe eventually they get it to a managable level of discourse or it gets replaced with a new model.

Maybe a way to solve this problem quicker is to do what Dish won't do. Take a survey of all 622s owned or leased by members of this group and start to correlate types of problems with serial number suffixes and what has happened at various software downloads. Any retailers that we have here could (and should) be able to help quite a bit.

If it shows any connection between suffix letters and certain problems, then present it to Dish and demand they be replaced. This is what Dish will eventually do anyway except only for those that complain enough and not until they have to. It's just so stupid. If they would just admit to the problem and replace the friggen units, they wouldn't have to spend all this time and money AND customer frustration trying to do a balancing act just to save a little face.

SummitCinema said:
Ditto, happened to me tonight during the Mavs - Heat game.

Me too. I've never even used pip swap, until today and it rebooted for me too.

How can a problem that big get through 'quality control'

Don't they have a regression script to test EVERYTHING whenever a new firmware release comes out???

philhu said:
Don't they have a regression script to test EVERYTHING whenever a new firmware release comes out???

In Dish's world that's what customers are for.... :mad:

NightRyder

I just got off the phone with Dish executive offices. They are aware of the 622 PIP swap crash problem. They are writing new software code to fix the problem. This can be fixed at the user end. When in the single mode select menu 6-2 and put the unit into the shared mode.

Bet this will be one of the last 622 releases allowed to go "Full Phase" out of the gate. :rolleyes:

NightRyder

cpdretired said:
I just got off the phone with Dish executive offices. They are aware of the 622 PIP swap crash problem. They are writing new software code to fix the problem. This can be fixed at the user end. When in the single mode select menu 6-2 and put the unit into the shared mode.

To me thats not a fix as it negates having a dual tuner DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts