L6.14 changes? (ViP622/722)

L614 has some minor problems. I've noticed intermittent blackouts on some recorded material, approximately 1/2 to 1 full second of black screen with resumption apparently at the place the show would have been without the blackout. Not major, but a definite glitch. In addition, L612 timer problems seem to be back with timer issues--I had a failure to record on a sports program extension on Sunday and a "jump-back" of several minutes when I was trying to go back approximately 40 seconds while watching a recorded show.

It's surprising to see a resurgence of issues I thought L613 had fixed.

fitzie

I just noticed a new feature to me. Under menu codes 6 System, 1 Installation, 3 System Info, I notice some new detailed information in the details section. Does anyone know what these numbers mean. It mentioned something about STB Health.

Ray

The receiver name I enter never sticks. It says it's activated but them blanks out the field.
I saw the same thing to when I added a nickname. I went to dishonline and added an account which went flawlessly. I just wonder what the purpose of the nickname is for. Identify which receiver(for those having multiple ones) its for when requesting something?

In addition, L612 timer problems seem to be back with timer issues--I had a failure to record on a sports program extension on Sunday...It's surprising to see a resurgence of issues I thought L613 had fixed.

fitzie

There are no timer issues that I know of.

However, I previously had timer issues right after a software update. On a hunch, I pulled the AC plug out of the wall for 30 seconds, plugged it back in, and magically, all the timer issues vanished.

I now do that AC power plug pull after every software update.

I saw the same thing to when I added a nickname. I went to dishonline and added an account which went flawlessly. I just wonder what the purpose of the nickname is for. Identify which receiver(for those having multiple ones) its for when requesting something?

That's what I'm assuming. What I don't know is, do you need to do this for TV1 and TV2 for these dual tuner receivers?

Also, as a side note, I input a name into TV1, when I went back into it later, the name was gone.

When I went to the dishonline site and registered, I got a reply that my email address was already used. I have not previously registered and how can someone else be using my email address.

I have been having a 622 timer issue with my OTA. When I set one, if there are two other timers set to record satellite programs at the same time, it deletes it. If there is only one other satellite program, it converts my OTA to a satellite equivalent. For example, it setup Heroes to record on channel 5-1 and my 622 converted it to channel 5-0 off the satellite. I call tech support at Dish, they had never heard of this problem, and are sending me a replacement receiver.

I just noticed a new feature to me. Under menu codes 6 System, 1 Installation, 3 System Info, I notice some new detailed information in the details section. Does anyone know what these numbers mean. It mentioned something about STB Health.

Ray

We discussed it - search for 'stb_health' here.

Looks like they are rolling out to more boxes. My second 622 now has L6.14. Still hasn't reached my last box.

When I went to the dishonline site and registered, I got a reply that my email address was already used. I have not previously registered and how can someone else be using my email address.

hmmm ... sounds like one danger of this feature is that prankster hackers will change our DVR timers. :eek:

About a week ago I got a new 722 along with an EA installation. Works great, looks good. The software installed on the 722 is 6.13. How long on average does it take to get the 6.14 update pushed out to new recievers.
I'm anxious to try dish online.
Thanks

Ken M

Until it's released to all receivers or your specific serial number (R00 number) matches the range(s) they've specified, you won't get it.

Dish Online doesn't work yet anyway.

About a week ago I got a new 722 along with an EA installation. Works great, looks good. The software installed on the 722 is 6.13. How long on average does it take to get the 6.14 update pushed out to new recievers.
I'm anxious to try dish online.
Thanks

Ken M
Check RandallA's "Software Update..." thread for your R00 number.

Did anyone check dish on line?? it clearly states that programming you VCR is comming soon--not avaiable yet.

Thier is that word soon and I did not get my smartcard will I ever be able to do on line scheduling

(maybe when I can spell so I guess never):(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts