L630

What do the values mean in the system info screen? I have been trying to make since of what they mean. And how do you know that Dish checks the Counters every day?
When I go to the sys info page to look at the values at the top of the page it has always shown the satellites 110,119,129 for both Tuner 0 and Tuner 1 and I am not on those satellites. I am on the 1000.4 dish 77, 72 and 61.5. I called tech support and that is what satellites they show I have on my account.

Values can give an indication of hard drive problems and I sure other issues that can give your DVR receiver problems.Don't know if anyone here has a list for values,but it would help.:)

For example: On my 625 all values were 0,except for 7 which was 4.;)

I check Counters information in Diagnostics.;)

Last edited:
Thank you long time DNC.:)

No problem! :)

Values can give an indication of hard drive problems and I sure other issues that can give your DVR receiver problems.Don't know if anyone here has a list for values,but it would help.:)

For example: On my 625 all values were 0,except for 7 which was 4.;)

I check Counters information in Diagnostics.;)

I also just check the Counters info in Diagnostics 99% of the time. Tells me more than System Info concerning the health of my 622...

I am so sick of this L630 CRAP firmware!

I just tried going into "Dish Cinema" for the first time, and my 622 receiver locked up, and then rebooted. I've had spontaneous reboots in the middle of recordings (even more than once on the same recording), just since this firmware. Every firmware Dish downloads, creates more problems than it supposedly fixes!

Are they EVER going to get a usable firmware?!

It seems by what I have read these problems are a possible hardware issue,because L630 is not performing the same on all hardware.Normally it seems that when Dish Network comes out with new software it's in beta,unless they already have a beta tester group up and running to make sure that all beta testers are not all running the same hardware there will be issues.You can count on that.;)

The values I have on one of my 622 is
Value 7: -2
Value 8: 1
All the rest is 0

Both of my 612's shows value 7: -2 the rest are at 0

The other 622 shows Value 7: -2 and the rest are at 0

Not sure what all of this info means. Not sure if it is good or bad.
On the system info screen what are the numbers in box b. I see the numbers go up and not sure what this box is.

All the rest is 0

On the system info screen what are the numbers in box b. I see the numbers go up and not sure what this box is.

I see the same amount in Counters under (13.) Lost Locks on my 622.;)

primestar31 said:
I think the most common color deficiency, is Red-Green (No, not the Canadian actor! hehe) . It just changes the Hue of the color, it doesn't make it invisible, so shouldn't affect it's usability that much. No more so than the original Blue.

I just think the Blue was a better choice for the average person. Green seems quite bland to me..

Agreed. I like blue alot better. Dish why did you have to change something that was perfectly fine. The new DVR menus are ugly too.

All the rest is 0

If your not having any problems with reboots,hangups,freezeups or side by side PIP?. I think your OK?.;)

Ok, I've heard some people have corrected the strange issues with L630, by doing a full "factory reset". I have done several full "unplug the cord" power resets, and it made no difference...

I have never done a factory reset on my VIP622 receiver. I have done it on an older non-dvr receiver. IF I do that on the 622 dvr, what will it all do?

1: Will it vaporize my tv show timers?
2: Will it affect my internal or external harddrive in any way? i can't afford to lose those recordings. I for sure don't want them to reformat!
3: Will it nuke any scanned digital channels from my tv antenna?

Any thing I should know before I do it? Should I also do that dance on the remote to clear the NVRAM after the factory reset?

Ok, I've heard some people have corrected the strange issues with L630, by doing a full "factory reset". I have done several full "unplug the cord" power resets, and it made no difference...

I have never done a factory reset on my VIP622 receiver. I have done it on an older non-dvr receiver. IF I do that on the 622 dvr, what will it all do?

1: Will it vaporize my tv show timers?
2: Will it affect my internal or external harddrive in any way? i can't afford to lose those recordings. I for sure don't want them to reformat!
3: Will it nuke any scanned digital channels from my tv antenna?

Any thing I should know before I do it? Should I also do that dance on the remote to clear the NVRAM after the factory reset?

What is the reason to try a factory reset?.You should contact Dish Network Tech Support.

What is the reason to try a factory reset?.You should contact Dish Network Tech Support.

I own my receiver, I know all it's quirks, and till now, they were livable. I don't want to replace it with another one from Dish, that might have all sorts of DIFFERENT quirks... I've read time and again how many receivers people have had to have sent to them, before they found one that appeared to be good. If a factory reset could cure it, I'd like to try it, as others appear to have done. However, I don't want to try it blind, and was hoping to get some input from others that have tried it on a VIP622.

I own my receiver, I know all it's quirks, and till now, they were livable. I don't want to replace it with another one from Dish, that might have all sorts of DIFFERENT quirks... I've read time and again how many receivers people have had to have sent to them, before they found one that appeared to be good. If a factory reset could cure it, I'd like to try it, as others appear to have done. However, I don't want to try it blind, and was hoping to get some input from others that have tried it on a VIP622.

OK I understand.I also own mine also that's why I keep DHPP.Hopefully someone will respond.;)

I having the same problem with the pip one side looks fine and the other side looks like strechted verticaly even for HD. The other problem with L630 is that my OTA tuner seems weak now. Most of the time I was getting 100% before and now I get 60-70% even with big antenna's that still work fine, my 211 OTA tuner is fine still getting 100% on the OTA channels. I did do a hard reboot (pulled the plug) and still the same.

Musher

Mine is almost always in single mode,so I'm at a loss here,if I were to take a guess here by what I have read here and elsewhere I would guess the bootstrap or hardware ID may have something to do with it?.Mine is: L630
Bootstrap:1731
Hardware ID: RBGD-N

Yes.Now I believe my problem is Hardware related as my Values in System Info are 0 except Value 4 is 1 and Value 7 is -2.

OK got my replacement 622. it's L630-Bootstrap is 1731RBED and it has the same problem with side by side PIP.All the Values are 0,except for 7 which is -2.

So it would seem these issues are affecting at least 2 different bootstrap versions.

Even on the screensaver it states "For side by side PIP press the Position button on the remote control",so it would seem Dish Network engineers have their work cut out for them.:rant:

Including the guide issue on my 622, when you highlight the program in the guide it should say the time length the program will run at the top over the program information(like the 625?).:rant:

OK got my replacement 622. it's L630-Bootstrap is 1731RBED and it has the same problem with side by side PIP.All the Values are 0,except for 7 which is -2.

So it would seem these issues are affecting at least 2 different bootstrap versions.

Even on the screensaver it states "For side by side PIP press the Position button on the remote control",so it would seem Dish Network engineers have their work cut out for them.:rant:

Including the guide issue on my 622, when you highlight the program in the guide it should say the time length the program will run at the top over the program information(like the 625?).:rant:

Called Dish Network Tech Support today asked for my call to be transferred to their top tech support department.Reported the issues I have reported here so hopefully they will bring out a L630 update to correct the side by side PIP issue.;)

My VIP622 rebooted by itself last night only did it once.:confused:

I haven't been able to go into any choice, other than "My Recordings" since getting L630, otherwise my receiver locks up, and then reboots also, at will, any time I choose anything else. What a POS of software! It also can reboot on losing the signal to my locals, which is a trick it acquired after the firmware from before L630..

I haven't been able to go into any choice, other than "My Recordings" since getting L630, otherwise my receiver locks up, and then reboots also, at will, any time I choose anything else. What a POS of software! It also can reboot on losing the signal to my locals, which is a trick it acquired after the firmware from before L630..

Yes there is a problem all right when I press the PIP button on the remote control 3 times then press the Swap button I lost audio,pressed Swap again lost audio and video.All and still not able to do side by side PIP.:confused:

After the reboot last night my value 4 is now 1,with all the rest 0,except for 7 which is -2.So I would guess all we can say is "Houston"? "We have a problem"!!.:rant:

Yes there is a problem all right when I press the PIP button on the remote control 3 times then press the Swap button I lost audio,pressed Swap again lost audio and video.All and still not able to do side by side PIP.:confused:

After the reboot last night my value 4 is now 1,with all the rest 0,except for 7 which is -2.So I would guess all we can say is "Houston"? "We have a problem"!!.:rant:

Well I have found out since my last report I can produce side by side PIP on my VIP622.You have to juggle between the PIP button and swap button and position button on the remote control( if you wish to try it keep an eye out for a little purple or blue box that appears then use your position button to make the little second screen appear), when you finally get the side by side PIP working both pictures are very small and that's on a 50" screen.:no:what

Don't know if anyone else has this problem but for me it started with l629 and continues now that i have l630 on my vip 622. After it does it's nightly reboot when I go into point dish to check signal it will say locked name not acquired. I have to switch it to tuner two to acquire the sat name then back to tuner one. It will be fine until the box resets again. I recently had a refurb box sent and the old box i had did the same thing. so it cant be that. Any ideas?? In my counters screen it shows no tp loss on 1 or 2 for snow or rain fade.. Note: also on a check it shows no lnb drift everything checks back ok. also have done hard resets soft resets and check switch and the name will come back but just until the nightly reset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts