L751 on 722K

I like how cryptic the release notes are... Don't get me wrong I appreciate it but I guess the engineers charge too much an hour to spend much time on providing us with release notes lol. My favorites are "Misc." and "stability fixes."

722K Locks up with OTA module

I was told by a Dish rep over the phone that the only way to fix the 722K Freeze problem was to order a new 722k and I did. She said the new 722K receivers have new software that they can not push down over the Sat. She said the L751 update will not fix the OTA lock up problem. I was told that to keep the recordings I now have on my receiver I should go and buy a external hard drive and transfer my recordings to it and transfer from the external hard drive to the new receiver when I install it. Along with the expense and hassle of switching timers and copying and transferring recordings and programing remotes I hope this will fix the problem.

garyreno said:
I was told by a Dish rep over the phone that the only way to fix the 722K Freeze problem was to order a new 722k and I did. She said the new 722K receivers have new software that they can not push down over the Sat.
This sounds very wrong. I'd pm a DIRT member here about it.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Everyone is hearing different information about the freezing, I just wish Dish would stick to the same answer. been since December for the freezing and rebooting for me and I am sick of it, waiting for the software update and if that doesn't fix the problem then off to greener pastures. ( Well maybe not greener as in money but better service and satisfaction )....lol

Everyone is hearing different information about the freezing, I just wish Dish would stick to the same answer. been since December for the freezing and rebooting for me and I am sick of it, waiting for the software update and if that doesn't fix the problem then off to greener pastures. ( Well maybe not greener as in money but better service and satisfaction )....lol

I never had the freezing problem until the L7.50 software and it had become so problematic I had given up trying to watch OTA on the 722K, I would only record a show and watch it, because almost every time I wanted to switch from a Sat Channel to OTA the damn thing would freeze and need to be rebooted. My K got the update last week on the 6th and I have NOT had a single OTA freeze as of yet. I have gone out of my way to try and replicate the problem but so far NO JOY, so I am writing this with fingers crossed, which is making it very difficult to type!

This is on our known product issues list. The temporary fix is to hard reset the receiver. This will be fixed with a future software update.

My 722k is freezing upon leaving the Interactive Application (Weather) and requires a hard reset to resume normal function. When exiting the application normally, the screen goes blank (black) and stays there.

Previously, the screen would go black for a short period of time and then resume back to the channel that the receiver was tuned to before entering the interactive application.

My 722k is freezing upon leaving the Interactive Application (Weather) and requires a hard reset to resume normal function. When exiting the application normally, the screen goes blank (black) and stays there.

Previously, the screen would go black for a short period of time and then resume back to the channel that the receiver was tuned to before entering the interactive application.

That's been going on off and on for a very long time. I have found that the only "safe" way to exit the weather app is to press the "RECALL" button.

This sounds very wrong. I'd pm a DIRT member here about it.
The only reason to contact DIRT is to find out who the rep is and to properly train them on technical support issues. It happens all too often where a support rep takes the easy way out of "solving" a problem by swapping receivers. I imagine this same rep would indicate that different 722k receivers only run certain s/w versions.

Surprised no one had reported this before.

Got 7.51 a few days ago, and now it doesn't recognize the existence of my EHD.

Did all the ususal - hard and soft resets, plug/unplug USB and the drive itself - nothing.

Waited for today to call and of course I refused to do that all again, and they finally sent me up a level. After a few more inane questions, she
tells me to reformat my drive (and how I could I, since the 722k doesn't even know it's there?). I refused for their problem they caused, and the "tech" finally "discovers" that this is a known issue and "it's being looked at." I then asked for compensation and was first offered 3 months free of Cinemax & Starz. I called that insulting, as you get that offer all the time. After a bit more, she offered $10/month for year. I reluctantly accepted. Quite frankly, between this and the AMC issue, I'm starting to look at DirecTV and cord-cutting. Ridiculous!

Surprised no one had reported this before.

Got 7.51 a few days ago, and now it doesn't recognize the existence of my EHD.

Did all the ususal - hard and soft resets, plug/unplug USB and the drive itself - nothing.

Waited for today to call and of course I refused to do that all again, and they finally sent me up a level. After a few more inane questions, she
tells me to reformat my drive (and how I could I, since the 722k doesn't even know it's there?). I refused for their problem they caused, and the "tech" finally "discovers" that this is a known issue and "it's being looked at." I then asked for compensation and was first offered 3 months free of Cinemax & Starz. I called that insulting, as you get that offer all the time. After a bit more, she offered $10/month for year. I reluctantly accepted. Quite frankly, between this and the AMC issue, I'm starting to look at DirecTV and cord-cutting. Ridiculous!

What make/model is your EHD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)