Lake House Setup problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Zipstar

Original poster
Mar 17, 2012
southwest missouri
I am having an issue with getting this system up and running, the receiver is from Our regular home subscription which is about 70 miles away. It is a H24/200 receiver. The dish is a Slimline-3, and the SWM's model number is SL3S4R2-01, there is a SUP-2400 B Band converter installed.

I have aimed the dish and I am receiving a 95% signal on tuner 1 from Sat 101. When I go to system installation/setup. I receive a "SWM Registration" error. When I select detect SWM I receive a "can not detect SWM" error.

I called Direct TV Support and they say I need to have a proffesional installer to set it up. Before I do this I want to make sure there is no secret code you punch into the remote to register the SWM to the reciever, or something else that is proprietory to an installer.

I have had this system working using a SL5S4NR2-03 SWM but were receiving half the subscribed channels and no locals. When the Installer activated this newer type of reciever at our home, everything was working fine. I aquired a SL3S4R2-01 SWM because it is the same one as our home has.

Any help would be appreciated.​

Didn't think you needed B-bands for the 24's? Try removing that and go through the entire setup again. I assume you do have the dish aimed correctly?

With SWM B-bands are not required so there is 1 problem. As for locals, you may be out of the spot beam. You never said if you have a power inserter hooked up. So if you have the power inserter and straight line from dish to LNB or a SWM splitter with the power inserter on the correct port you should be getting a signal (minus the B-band of course)

I did unhook the the B Bandsplitter and do the setup procedure with the same results. I do have a 6v 100mapower inserter, will that be safe enough to use?

Zipstar said:
I did unhook the the B Bandsplitter and do the setup procedure with the same results. I do have a 6v 100mapower inserter, will that be safe enough to use?

No, you need an actual 21 volt power inserter.

eBay, solid signal, the dish store, or look for a Directv van and ask an installer for one. Your best will be online though

I have a similar issue at my mountain cabin where the dish is a Slimline Multi-Satellite with Integrated Ka/Ku band & built in multi-switch.
Currently have a non-hd D12 receiver and have an opportunity to buy a good condition HR24-200 but not sure it will work with my existing dish?
Suggestions are welcome

I have a similar issue at my mountain cabin where the dish is a Slimline Multi-Satellite with Integrated Ka/Ku band & built in multi-switch.
Currently have a non-hd D12 receiver and have an opportunity to buy a good condition HR24-200 but not sure it will work with my existing dish?
Suggestions are welcome

scoty; you already posted about this once in another thread, no need to cross post. the 1st post already has replies.

charper1 said:
scoty; you already posted about this once in another thread, no need to cross post. the 1st post already has replies.

Thanks, new on this forum and could only find how to reply to a thread, not post a brand new one...

Thanks, new on this forum and could only find how to reply to a thread, not post a brand new one...

see attached: when you are on the DirecTV thread "home" (not in someone's post) just click the FORUM TOOLS drop down and select POST NEW THREAD in the far right side of the page

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 186
scoty,
Do yourself a favor, get the numbers off the recvr your trying to pick up, call D* , give them the numbers, they will tell you if this is actually an OWNED recvr that you can BUY from the guy.

Otherwise it's a LEASED recvr and should be sent back to D* when done.

Jimbo said:
scoty,
Do yourself a favor, get the numbers off the recvr your trying to pick up, call D* , give them the numbers, they will tell you if this is actually an OWNED recvr that you can BUY from the guy.

Otherwise it's a LEASED recvr and should be sent back to D* when done.

+1, way to be on it Jimbo!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts