Last & Next Movie Watched

Salt, an Angelina Jolie action superspy thriller is a good Blockbuster rental this week. One of her best yet. They said she did her own stunts for the movie and it was filmed a few months after she gave birth to twins.

Last: Easy A.

Fun teen movie that pays homage to John Hughes films, and is extremely witty.

Next: The Princess Bride (watching it now actually)

Last: Easy A.

Fun teen movie that pays homage to John Hughes films, and is extremely witty.

Next: The Princess Bride (watching it now actually)
I saw the actress from that last night on The Tonight Show, have to check out...
Picked up Salt, The A-Team & disc 3 of The Pacific yesterday... not sure which I will get to first.

This week's Blu Ray remtals-

Easy A- Good, funny, but teen life story.

Step Up 3. Excellent free form dance theme drama with excellent dance performances. Great DD 7.1 and should be a winner for 3D as well. Disney is really pushing the envelope these days with some excellent DD7.1 and 3D productions in addition to great stories and acting.

From Netflix- Received Human Centipede- Absolutely the most disgusting, graphic, horror film I have ever seen! I've witnessed quite a bit of horror as a combat medic but this horror film made me want to puke while watching. I'm shocked this kind of film would even be in Netflix library. Maybe they don't know what is in this. I watched the bonus content and the director wanted this film to as shocking as it was. To give you an idea the story is about a German surgeon who experiments with surgically splicing 2 women and a man together to create a some thing with a single series connected digestive track. That's about as descriptive as I want to get here. If that didn't make you want to vomit, go watch the movie and if you still don't vomit, maybe you are just as sick as the doctor in the movie.

Last: Disneys A Christmas Carol and Charlie St Cloud

Christmas Carol was darker than I expected, but it made for a good story. PQ was phenomenal. St Cloud is a straight chick flick, but not bad.

Next: Sorcerers Apprentice

This week's Blu Ray remtals-

From Netflix- Received Human Centipede- Absolutely the most disgusting, graphic, horror film I have ever seen! I've witnessed quite a bit of horror as a combat medic but this horror film made me want to puke while watching. I'm shocked this kind of film would even be in Netflix library. Maybe they don't know what is in this. I watched the bonus content and the director wanted this film to as shocking as it was. To give you an idea the story is about a German surgeon who experiments with surgically splicing 2 women and a man together to create a some thing with a single series connected digestive track. That's about as descriptive as I want to get here. If that didn't make you want to vomit, go watch the movie and if you still don't vomit, maybe you are just as sick as the doctor in the movie.

Like you, I have seen alot of horror and messed up ideas put on film and even was intrigued by this film when I heard about it, but then I saw the stills and some of the movie clips, said to myself, nope, nothing even remotely worth watching about this for me. I can't imagine the person tht greenlighted this, but everyone has their own tastes, but I don't think I know anyone who I think would actually enjoy this movie.

Last: Jonah Hex - I guess I didn't really know full backstory before watching. Ok movie, but no rewatch at all.
Scott Pilgrim vs the world - I liked it, but definately a rental.
How to train your dragon - pretty good movie, good story etc.

Which is why I don't watch horror films. There's enough horror in real life without watching that stuff in my home theater...

AWESOME! I loved Cannibal Ferox, which was deemed to be one the most violent and gruesome movies of all time and has been banned in many countries. I just went on Amazon and ordered Human Centipede for $11. Can’t wait to see how it compares to Cannibal Ferox. And being a new movie and on Blu Ray, as opposed to a movie from 1981 on DVD, Human Centipede should provide more stunning visuals. Bring on the gore bay-be!

Just got done watching Salt on BD. After much anticipation I saw it in the theater opening weekend. This is one movie that the previews definitely make look better than it really was. While Salt wasn’t a bad movie, I didn’t think it was so great either. Got it for Christmas, watched it just now, still don’t think that much of it the second time around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts