Last VOOM Statement

socalpanman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 12, 2005
San Rafael CA
Has anyone gotten their final statement, letter, bill, credit etc.?
Please report when you do and any important information like got a refund, send back the box, keep the box ........

You can call VOOM customer service today and check your final balance. Looks like most (if not all) of the accounts have been already finalized. If you purchased the equipment, you can expect a refund! The statements should be coming within a few days from what I was told by a CSR.

I spoke with VOOM yesterday and I am now told, refund checks will be sent out WITHIN 12 weeks! (by Sept 1..)

:mad:

Since we've all been calling and getting the check's in the mail line, I thought it would be helpful for all of us to find out when someone actually receives their notice.

So lets keep each other posted for concrete developments.

Does anyone know why it is taking so long to get these final bills out? I mean really, they all could have been printed and mailed out on May 1st.

It would have been nice if they left the bill paying portion of the site up. I took myself off autopay in Feb. and paid on-line. The card I used with autopay is no longer active and will be declined if they attempt to use it. Well if I don't see anything by the 8th I'll just have to tell them to wait 12 weeks for payment :)

bryan27 said:
The card I used with autopay is no longer active and will be declined if they attempt to use it.
Dont nessisrily count on that, hehe. Is the card really "DEAD" or is it just older expired card of one you have now? By that I mean my bank every yr-2yrs sends me a new card, has same CC number as old one just new expire date and 3 digit code. Lots of times companies with an expiring CC will just guess at your new Exp date as its usually a yr out from the old one and submit it right thru. I had to deal with this and a company called Efax. The card they had expired last nov, but they continued to submit monthly charges for a few months till I delt with it. The bank said their not "supposed" to do that but could do nothing else besides insuring that Efax charges would now and always be flaged as deny if they try again. I wish banks would make it nessisary for venders to get and submit the 3 digit code on the back of cards as a final check. Lots of online venders do ask for it now so wouldnt be a big deal I think for Banks to make that manditory info to process a charge. Those last 3 numbers change with each issue/reissue of a card so if that was always checked then would be less of this "Just change the date" crap some companies pull or at least the banks would catch em more.

Some cards do get declined if the CVV information isn't entered. The credit card terminal comes back with a message of "DECLINED CVV". If you enter the card info in with the CVV code, it goes right through. Most credit cards don't currently do this, though.

Oh I know, thats why I said I don't understand why the CVV isnt manditory on all charges. Its extra security, presumably for our benifit, but if the banks don't make it required it does little to actually protect us. I know when I delt with the Efax issue the bank told me they have the problem with companies just guestimating new expires to submit charges & I definitly wasnt the first person done this way by a vender.

bratboy said:
Dont nessisrily count on that, hehe. Is the card really "DEAD" or is it just older expired card of one you have now? By that I mean my bank every yr-2yrs sends me a new card, has same CC number as old one just new expire date and 3 digit code.

The card is really dead. My bank always sends out cards with the last 8 digits completly different from the old card. I get them about every two years.

IWRBB said:
Still waiting here. I bought two receivers. Maybe I should call them.

You should. I did and the CSR mentioned I had a credit balance of 400 bucks or something like that. Bought 1 receiver, November 2003. Now waiting till they finally start sending out the checks or putting it back on my CC. I am sure you should get back a bunch of money with 2 receivers, but don't expect the money back fast. They mentioned 8-12 weeks after sending final statement. Which hasn't been done yet as far as I know. (At least, have't seen one yet).
Call them, it doesn't hurt to ask the balance on the final statement.

MarcelV said:
You should. I did and the CSR mentioned I had a credit balance of 400 bucks or something like that. Bought 1 receiver, November 2003. Now waiting till they finally start sending out the checks or putting it back on my CC. I am sure you should get back a bunch of money with 2 receivers, but don't expect the money back fast. They mentioned 8-12 weeks after sending final statement. Which hasn't been done yet as far as I know. (At least, have't seen one yet).
Call them, it doesn't hurt to ask the balance on the final statement.

No rebate or buy back of the receivers.

I just got off the phone with Voom CSR, I was a charter member and own two stb's, my balance is a refund of $6.xx for the last month's service. I was told all rights for the boxes are now the owner's but there is and will be no buy back or refund for them.
Checks will be out in another 6-10 weeks.

Please post WHEN you start to see your checks.
:)

Well, I just called. She said I had a credit of 618.00 on my account. She did say that wasn't necessarily the amount I would get back though, it could be less. We will see I guess.

Today I received my last Statement (invoice) from Voom. I had a $423.54 credit listed and a check was enclosed. I am a very happy camper. Part of the amount shown for the credit was the re-purchase of the receiver. However, in the cover letter is says not to send the receiver back to them, just keep it. Tomorrow I will go to my bank and cash the $423.54 check. Hopefully it won't bounce.

Welcome to the forum, stevewilson6980!

Thanks for posting the good news! Looks like you are the first one to report an actual refund check!

This is the letter we were sent before they were cut off.

April 14, 2005

Dear Retailer,

As was announced on April 8, 2005, VOOM will be discontinuing service on April 30, 2005. As result, no new VOOM accounts can be set up and no new installations or service calls can be scheduled or performed.

Any commissions and installation support due will be paid for activity up to and including April 8, 2005. You will receive further instruction on dispostion of VOOM inventory and for your Showroom account(s) in the attached document. If you have any other questions, you can call the VOOM sales support phone line at 1.800.677.1441.

Following is next page;

Attached, please find insturctions for returning your VOOM equipment.

Kent Jones: 516-803-6146 Kjones1@voom.com
Liz Romano: 516-803-4724
Tom McCracken: 516-803-6553

seandudley said:
Cool! I leased my receiver, but I'm glad to hear the people who bought theirs aren't getting screwed.
I bought mine and after three calls I was told three times no buy back or refund. just keep the receivers but I will get a refund for the few last days of no service I was billed.

I don't get who and why some are saying the've got hundreds of dollars coming back.

socalpanman said:
I bought mine and after three calls I was told three times no buy back or refund. just keep the receivers but I will get a refund for the few last days of no service I was billed.

I don't get who and why some are saying the've got hundreds of dollars coming back.

TO: socalpanman

I was a "charter member" who bought my Voom receiver at the original high price. Then about a year ago, I suddenly found a $300 credit on my bill. When I called Voom, the CSR said this credit was because Voom had reduced the cost of the receivers to later people who bought them.

Maybe the people who are getting big checks in the mail are part of this charter group refund ?

Hope this helps you understand things better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)