Latest genie and latest client genie system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sam1070

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 2, 2014
yakima wa
hello I am having my direct tv installed I plan to buy 4 4K tvs to swap out my whole house to 4K I would like to know, what is required I know I need the hr-54 for 54 but what about the swmm and the clients I would prefer hard wired I do not tv clients so what the latest client model, as well as the latest wiring specs for the 4K genie to work

each tv would need a c61k client, even the one with the hr54

btw, only a single 4k program can be viewed at a time iirc

Right I plan to upgrade to upgrade the rest of the tvs to 4K soon and would it be better to upgraded to a reverse lnb

would it be better to upgraded to a reverse lnb
From what I understand, you need the reverse band lnb for receiving 4k broadcasts. If the installer installs a HR54 & however many C61k's that you need, then the reverse band LNB SHOULD be part of the installation too.

The tech is installing an hr-64 l, is that the new 4K genie or is that an unannounced genie there installing ?

uhh, might want to check again. the sticker on the bottom with all the bar codes will say the receiver model.

The tech is installing an hr-64 l, is that the new 4K genie or is that an unannounced genie there installing ?
64 ?
Look at the label to verify model (by access card slot). Maybe elsewhere.
That's the first I've heard of a HR64, but it would make sence.
Seeing that would be the natural progression of recvrs.

Usually we here hear about them before they come out and are tested for quite some time.

There isn't such a thing as an HR64. The newest available is a HR54. A RB LNB isn't necessary yet. And they aren't available nation wide (except on ebay). The current 4K transmissions are coming off the KA transponders. Ultimate or Premiere service will be required to receive them.

There isn't such a thing as an HR64. The newest available is a HR54. A RB LNB isn't necessary yet. And they aren't available nation wide (except on ebay). The current 4K transmissions are coming off the KA transponders. Ultimate or Premiere service will be required to receive them.
I haven't heard that anywhere. Got anything to back it up?

Well sorry guys after having a tech come out today because after the instKer left on Friday I started to get signal drop off and around Sunday at noon I lost complete signal. The model was in fact an Hr-54 the install tech misread the label or whatever, I the tech attempted to diagnosis the no signal issue but after fiddling with the dish and still showing no signal he called his boss, his boss is supposed to show up later tonight to figure out why I am unable to get signal, the installer was not able to install a wired deca as "those are not produced any more" and it a special order for him to install it and I would have to pay for it and pay for a tech visit fee to install it. Which unlike the HIC with dish apparels is not standard issue nor is it able for installer to get it without extra cost on there part which I will have to pay for .at this point I will be ordering it off Amazon and installing it myself as I have been unable to use the on demand or any if the apps. The tech was nice however he left a big mess which I cleaned up and left the wires running everywhere and did not clean up those wires he cut and spliced to get my signal to work. It may be possible with all the splicing and patching he did he could have used the old dish wiring

Well sorry guys after having a tech come out today because after the instKer left on Friday I started to get signal drop off and around Sunday at noon I lost complete signal. The model was in fact an Hr-54 the install tech misread the label or whatever, I the tech attempted to diagnosis the no signal issue but after fiddling with the dish and still showing no signal he called his boss, his boss is supposed to show up later tonight to figure out why I am unable to get signal, the installer was not able to install a wired deca as "those are not produced any more" and it a special order for him to install it and I would have to pay for it and pay for a tech visit fee to install it. Which unlike the HIC with dish apparels is not standard issue nor is it able for installer to get it without extra cost on there part which I will have to pay for .at this point I will be ordering it off Amazon and installing it myself as I have been unable to use the on demand or any if the apps. The tech was nice however he left a big mess which I cleaned up and left the wires running everywhere and did not clean up those wires he cut and spliced to get my signal to work. It may be possible with all the splicing and patching he did he could have used the old dish wiring

Sounds like a bad install all around. You shouldn't have to pay anything for being connected to the internet.

Sounds like a bad install all around. You shouldn't have to pay anything for being connected to the internet.

agreed. if the boss shows up ask him about it. if the boss says the same thing tell him what he's full of and to do his job. then get his name, his company name, tech ID, and let D* know you're having issues with your installer.

Well after waiting all around his boss never showed up, I got his company name for the supervise and the install tech and I called them and after explains to adcomm why I needed that info they refused to give it to me. I called direct tv last night after the guy did not show up by 10 pm as I skipped going to the gym and had my half brother pick up my sister from the airport so I could be around for when the guy shows up, he never managed to show up for whatever reason the case may be for why he condo not show up direct tv was very nice about and I am supposed to get a call back from there "escalation" department and waiting on hold for a good 30 minutes while they "checked there resources in the field in my area " I finally got an tech on Friday to come out and the "escalation" department put it under the warranty they have so I would not have to pay for the tech visit, now hopefully the tech they send out has installed a wired deca and know what it is used for

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)