latest Openbox S9 firmware might be a keeper!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Now for the biggie (for me, anyway, since I use bandstacked LNBs)...

Can you select a scan for H or V only?

Or, is there an LNB option for bandstacked that filters out the duplicate transponders?

I don't remember seeing anything like that, but I wasn't looking for it.

My S9 has a constant "ru" on the display when I tried this firmware. It also defaults to All Satellites after I select an individual bird and change channels. Just 2 observations.

Mine used to display "ru" when I pushed the TV/Sat button -- which has no reason to exist since the box doesn't have OTA passthrough!

It will frequently, but at random, come up in the All Satellite list instead of an individual list after a scan. But it's been doing that for more firmware versions than not. I really wish they'd fix that.

No "ru" here, never seen it. And under certain circumstances it goes to All Satellite but not after every channel change. I agree, lock it in TV and use the TV/STB button for something else.

Quick access to Media Player comes to mind.

No separate H/V scanning either.

Thanks for the feedback. I reloaded the new firmware again and the "ru" is cleared. It still defaults to All Satellites when I switch birds, but it's not a problem now that I can see the channel number instead of "ru".

hey gardenman2002 here. I loaded the skybox s9 version and mine showed the menu briefly and the went out.
displays invalid format on tv and shows either no channel (noch) or ru. any suggestions? is my plasma tv lg not a hd? is that why it went out?
Help.
I loaded this via usb and i dont have a serial port cable. can i hook to my computer and try this?

gardenman2002 here.
tried the v format about 15 to 20 times. tried again and nothing. all i get is invalid format on screen of tv. the box just displays noch or ru.guess i bricked this one. Oh well. I downloaded the skybox _s9_ version that was newest.about the third or fourth on the list. Problem i see,is mine displayed the menu briefly then displayed skybox background, and then went black.what am i doing wrong. anyway to boot via usb to recover, or do i buy another openbox.

What connection are you using between the receiver and the TV?

I thought that the July 31st Skybox firmware allowed cycling through North American modes with the V.Format button, but honestly, I never tested it because my monitor can display anything.

gardenman2002 here.
tried the v format about 15 to 20 times. tried again and nothing. all i get is invalid format on screen of tv. the box just displays noch or ru.guess i bricked this one. Oh well. I downloaded the skybox _s9_ version that was newest.about the third or fourth on the list. Problem i see,is mine displayed the menu briefly then displayed skybox background, and then went black.what am i doing wrong. anyway to boot via usb to recover, or do i buy another openbox.
It sounds like you loaded the North American firmware version that does not contain networking. This firmware will load fine on a s10 but it will not load on a s9 unless it has a satellite file with channels installed in it. IMO, these firmwares are nothing but junk. Load the European firmware versions and then change the satellite file.
Anyway, to fix your problem, you will need to load a good firmware by using your computer, a null cable, and the loader program. Your receiver is not garbage and it can be recovered. GregH

I used hdmi and also the composite video connections and no go. Greg you are right. the only way to load it will be via computer cable. Oh well learn as i go.Thanks for the info and help. May the fta force be with you all.

My television would not let me view 1080i / 50 when I loaded the latest firmware. The Solomend displayed " noch " I tried the V Format button, no good either. I ended up using a portable analog B/W tv using the composite Red/White/Yellow cables in order to view the menu screen, selected 1080/60 and all was well. Loaded the TP file, but the newest firmware would still not let the Ku motor move. Hope this helps

My television would not let me view 1080i / 50 when I loaded the latest firmware. The Solomend displayed " noch " I tried the V Format button, no good either. I ended up using a portable analog B/W tv using the composite Red/White/Yellow cables in order to view the menu screen, selected 1080/60 and all was well. Loaded the TP file, but the newest firmware would still not let the Ku motor move. Hope this helps

Remember that you have to setup your USALS parameters again, after you load new firmware. The 7/31/2011 Skybox firmware is working very well for me, driving the 1.0M Ku dish with USALS . :)

hey everyone gardenman2002 here. success zeb, thanks for the tip. it worked and im back in buisness. now i can reinstall and leave composite hooked up to old set so i can reset 1080/50 to 1080/60 thanks again,

gardenman2002

Gardenman, good to hear it. I thought all was lost as well when I got that Skybox image, then all went blank, and " noch "...
I've kept that old panasonic portable for peaking out at the dishes. One day I'll be able to afford one of those high tech meters everyone seems to be using.

Thanx Brent 636 for the tip on USALS. Currently I'm using diseqc 1.2 in my setup, I tried USALS but get a runaway dish which nearly always lead to a flop-over every time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)