latest Openbox S9 firmware might be a keeper!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm running the 7/31/2011 firmware, but use the standard blindscan, since it seems quite accurate and pretty fast. Prior to this version I thought the 9/27/2010 version was best for me. I'm sticking with this one for now. :)

I answered my own question. in scan mode you arrow over and it lists it. fast blind scan about 3 to 4 minutes on 97w. I need to find the american version so i dont have to change all the sats.

I think there's a version with an American satellite list at Hypermegasat. In fact I think that's the only public place I've seen an Americanized version of 7/31/11 posted, and you DON'T want any of the slightly older releases from places like Yojia because they're moderately to severely buggy.

For future reference, you might want to save your satellite/transponder/channel list before upgrading firmware. It's under "dump by usb", then select "misc. files", then select TP_PROG.DBS

I still have no idea what purpose the Accurate Scan option serves. The Blind Scan now finds narrow transponders 99% of the time for me, and while it's not quite as fast as the old firmware from way back, it's faster than all the other versions from this year (which seem to be the speed you get with Accurate Scan now.)

I am using version C2HS2-11-07-17:0650CMT on my Solomend and it seems to work just fine but after using it and going through the Ku birds on my list, for some reason the Ku motor will not respond at random. Also if you hold down the remote 's volume for too long, the stb reboots itself. I noticed this last night for the first time.

All the June/July versions other than the 31st have switch/motor bugs for me, and for a lot of other people. And I have a Solomend too.

All the June/July versions other than the 31st have switch/motor bugs for me, and for a lot of other people. And I have a Solomend too.

I am going to try this 7-31 version again, this time from the other site you mentioned Jim, Maybe reloading the F/W will make a difference.

Skybox firmware dated August 8th is now posted at WyDVB, with no release notes. I can't see anything different about it yet.

I still have no idea what purpose the Accurate Scan option serves. The Blind Scan now finds narrow transponders 99% of the time for me, and while it's not quite as fast as the old firmware from way back, it's faster than all the other versions from this year (which seem to be the speed you get with Accurate Scan now.)

Same here on my s10, I can't figure out the benefit of the accurate scan option...it showed up in the 7/31/11 Ver.

I loaded this firmware in my S9 recently and removed it yesterday. Seemed to slow my box down, made picture pixilate and do other funky things and the blind scan missed a pant load of TPs on scans. May give the 7-31 firmware a shot when I get time.

7-31 is by far the best firmware ive seen so far,
the media player works great, blind scan is much faster and has 2 settings 1 more accurate, the other faster.
the only things left i would to see fixed/added are,
1. the clock (although i've heard on the s9 its hardware related, but its already fixed on the s10)
2. manual pid entry
other than that, i absolutely love this box now.
its even WAY more stable with the 7-31 firmware than my old pansat 2700a ever was.

I am ready to try out this infamous 7-31 version, but am curious which one is the right one. From the website referenced in the first post, I see 2 which sound like they may be the one spoken of:
SkyBox_S9_110731
S9S10_AmerciaVer.rar

Which one is it? I want to make sure I grab the right one.

Well, I just installed the July 31st firmware to my Solomend 800 not knowing what to expect. Now, I wish I have waited. No problem installing firmware that part was easy. What I have now is a dark screen and no way to accessing the menu since I can't see it on myTV screen. I pushed the TV/STB button on the remote and got the "ru" display on the receiver. Can some one tell me what is my next step... I hope.

Brent, when all of this was going down I lost my TV picture. For hat ever reason the components cables did not work. I had to use the Y/W/R cables. Once I got my TV and Receiver to work then I was able to see what was going on. What was going on was that I had PAL instead of NTSC. What a pain in the neck trying to figured out were in the heck you are. Anyway, I have it working and so far I like it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts