Status
Please reply by conversation.

giovanni1

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Hi Guys,

Just noticed tonight that my reciever is telling me to update to the latest file. Wont let me change channels or anything.

Searching for the latest file, but I am not certain which it is.

Can someone send it to me or tell me where I can get it?

Thanks!!

Hi Guys,

Just noticed tonight that my reciever is telling me to update to the latest file. Wont let me change channels or anything.

Searching for the latest file, but I am not certain which it is.

Can someone send it to me or tell me where I can get it?

Thanks!!

That message was also on my unit that I purchased from Salvation army store and had hack software. I don't know if the factory one does that since I loaded it but still has the hack version on it.

Mine has the Factory firmware on it. I believe it was dated back in November of last year.

Is yours working?
If it is, which file version is it and can you send it to me?

Thanks

The link is not working...

but if it is the one that is on the Sonicview support page, that is the one that I have tried to reload tonight and I get the same "Please load new software" message.

I belive it is v2.07.

just got the link to work, and it looks like the same file I have on mine right now.

I dont understand what is happenning?

YEAP this boxes are wacked now. O well i paid 25 bones for one and I guess I will leave it as is.

Now I do have another one that has same factory firmware and has absolutely no problems like you and I have.

May be you guys need to pay MORE attention to this thread? Firmware updates only part of the ROM content, and the rest can apparently be corrupted and the STB taken over via EPG signal stream, as reported on the web. ;) BTW, in addition try to temporarily remove 8psk Board and detach any external devices, if connected, for smoother viewer experience, as I red somewhere. That's of course if you want to watch FTA sats and OTA via SV8000HD.

Last edited:
There must be a solution for this if one box is working and not the other??

well my original unit was never hacked, so its working fine. The other one was clearly hacked and given me the nags.

So I guess you can do the math.

Now I am not saying that yours is or was hacked, but in my case it was.

Hey have similar problem. I did a blind scan on 85w on Tuesday night I only got 2 channels one had nothing and the other had a signal of 100 % and color bars. The problem is once I went to the channel I could not get off the channel. It had a loud tone and I could pull up menus but no mater what I did it would not come off that channel. I had to unplug the system and now when I pull up the menu to select a different sats I have already scanned it says no channels. This also happens if I try to go to my local antenna it says no channels. Yet I have a lot of my channels in different favorite groups and if I go to favorites the channels they do come up both sats and local channels. It just will not let me go to a different sat from the list and won’t change off the current sat it is on. I have to use the favorites list to change between sats. This happened on ver 2.07 so i upgraded to 4.43 but did not help. As a temp fix the only way i was able to correct this was to delete every single channel i had scanned. once i did this it removes all the sats i had in my list. Now i am gong through and rescanning them and so far eveything is working.

this is because you are using hacker software.....once this error gets into your receiver it is very difficult to remove.....loading factory software sometimes does not fix the problem....

look for a SV8000 "cleaner file" on the net.....run that file 3-4 times in a row then load the latest factory software....there are still no guarantees this will fix your problem....

when that error pops up you can also try going into your menu and turning your LNB power OFF....exit and then try changing channels.....then go back into the menu and turn your LNB power back on.....

sorry the boot loader is 2.07 the main software was 4.16 when it happened and then i upgraded to 4.43. So are you saying the 4.43 is pirated that would stink im not tring to use anything pirated. Although with the 4.16 i was not able to get channels ABC or CBS on my High Def Antenna, once i upgraded i am able to pull those in.

If it has an 8PSK card installed, remove it and any USB devices attached to the STB.
Make sure the STB is disconnected from any LNBs or Ant connections. Power off the STB from the switch before disconnecting any LNB.
Perform a factory reset on the STB, Power off the unit and uplug it for 1-2 minutes.
Reconnect the power and perform a second factory reset.

Firmware flash the STB to an older version, perform another reset and shut down.
Now try installing the newer firmware and 8PSK card (if equipt).

Some of the 8PSK cards are hacked Turbo 8PSK cards for piracy. They're useless for 4:2:2. If that's what you have in the STB, don't even bother putting it back in.

Hope this helps.

ALL of the add on modules for the SV8000 are made for hacking and thats it....

if you have an add on tuner board remove it....it does not do any good for true FTA....so no point in even having it in there....it will just make the unit run hotter....

the software you are talking about is hacker software....the only software you should be using is the software found at the sonicview home site sonicviewusa.com

Back in May of 2009 ver 443 was offered on the sonicview site as factory firmware. I downloaded it from there myself back then. Much to my surprise it was fully functional hackware for nagra 2. When nagra 3 came out many people decided to use 443 because it was better firmware and if nagra 2 is dead who cares if you are using it? Suddenly dish network zaps all boxes that have any trace of ever having hackware on it.

Jerks. Sonicview for letting 443 on their firmware page and Dish Network for zapping boxes even if they weren't currently hacking. Jerks.

Back in May of 2009 ver 443 was offered on the sonicview site as factory firmware.

i think you are mistaken as to what exactly is "the sonicview site"

i dont think you are talking about the official sonicview website sonicviewusa.com

they only provide factory software there....

Suddenly dish network zaps all boxes that have any trace of ever having hackware on it.

Jerks. Sonicview for letting 443 on their firmware page and Dish Network for zapping boxes even if they weren't currently hacking. Jerks.
i dont agree with you there....nobody can "zap" your box remotely unless your box is physically connected to them in some way via an internet connection....

There was a new factory BIN that was released on 6-23-2010
If you want to try that, I will be more than happy to share it.

I have a few of the SV 8000 firmware revisions that I located today, if you need:
Version: 101, 402, and the one from 6-23-2010

I don't know if they actually released any hackware version in their factory updates -- seems to me that they'd be really asking for trouble with the DSS providers if they did that.

There was a new factory BIN that was released on 6-23-2010
If you want to try that, I will be more than happy to share it.

I have a few of the SV 8000 firmware revisions that I located today, if you need:
Version: 101, 402, and the one from 6-23-2010

I don't know if they actually released any hackware version in their factory updates -- seems to me that they'd be really asking for trouble with the DSS providers if they did that.

i think he is getting mixed up as to what exactly is the "official sonicview site"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts