Lease?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wesley Lloyd

Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
Ebay sells brand new HD DVRs all the time...but I can't use it if I buy it? This confuses me. Please clarify because I don't want to learn the hard way byt buying one and then finding out that I can't even use it.

Best by far = HR24

Now, there is no such thing as buy anymore as every new receiver is leased.
Much better then a 20 minus the OTA which I could give less a crap about.
There are other ways to get OTA that are relatively cheap.

That being said, if I was to upgrade I would just go the cheapest route and take what I get.

Ebay sells brand new HD DVRs all the time...but I can't use it if I buy it? This confuses me. Please clarify because I don't want to learn the hard way byt buying one and then finding out that I can't even use it.

If you get a new receiver, it does not matter where you get it from, it is still leased.

The HR20-100 requires a special hookup procedure for use with DECA adapters.

SAT in 1 will not power the DECA but is needed to receive a SWM signal.
SAT in 2 will power the DECA

You need a power passing splitter to make it work.
You wire the outputs of the splitter to SAT 1&2 making sure SAT 2 is on a power passing port. and it will work fine. It still works of 1 line in and this does not effect the quality.

Frankly almost all receivers are leased if you want to find out if one leased or note give us a call and give us the Receiver ID number and we will tell you if it is afe to buy and activated. Just a note thought about 98% of the boxes will be leased.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts