Leaving DirecTV after 7 years. Will not pay for equipment I can't own.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The TV #2 is crap and should not be part of any quality viewing discussion. Other than a handful of lesser watched channels; there is hardly anything to "crow about" regarding Dish Network and darn sure not worth endless pages of debate over same. If you don't like a service; then just pack your bags and move on. Getting in to an endless debate over your leaving; seems like you really don't want to move on. At least too me.

If you have one dual tuner receiver then yes there is "mirror" fee...but god forbid you add another one..then it depends on the receiver
single tuner $7
dual tuner single output (think D* receiver) $10
dual tuner dual output non DVR $14
dual tuner dual output DVR $17

Wow, that is pretty ridicules. So having 2 non-DVR HDTV's on Direct would be cheaper than having 2 non-DVR HDTV's with Dish as far as mirroring fees are concerned. By $1 if I'm reading this right.

So no matter how you do the config, it's $7 per extra TV with Dish and $6 per extra TV with Direct?

Sounds like cable back when I was in elementary school, we'd have to install splitters and run coax inside the house after they left. :p

Last edited:
its not about being a fanboy or anything like that BS excuse. its about people growing up being an adult; no crying; just make your choice and move on.

You and I have been around long enough to know that while I agree with you, it seems many like to make a dramatic production out of changing/cancelling...

and that is EXACTLY what most are posting in reply about (65+ post in over nothing). not about being fanboys or not.

the guys wanting to make a move should just pull up the big girl pants and move.

Last Activity: 10-11-2011 06:07 PM

That's 3 minutes after starting this thread. I'd be interested to see which Dish Network forum regular his IP matches with.. Because you know it's one of them. Random people don't go through the signup process to post crap and then never log in again.

Yes, you pay the same for your box with Dish, whether you own it or lease it. Only the name of the fee changes.

TV2 output isn't crap. It's an SD signal, and you can feed it to another, presumably SD, TV and it will look fine. You can run a coax or backfeed thru existing coax, or set up a wireless link. I've done it. And you get two TVs watching programs independently.

I certainly agree with the rest of our bourbon tester's post there. I usually do.

I think Dish has too many fees and should simplify them, for their own good and that of their customers. But I also saw a page of fees from our local Cox Cable. Now THERE's an example of way too many fees. The word "arcane" comes to mind.

Thread has pretty much run its course.
The OP posted and then ran for the hills. All that has been posted after basically turned it into a D vs E thread

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)