Leaving Directv for Directv stream

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If no extra charge per stream, that is a lot better then paying a box charge for Traditional Service.

It is all part of the subscription cost. BTW, D*Stream is literally as close to traditional as you can get via streaming. The UI is nearly identical and the channels offered are almost the same. But it does come at a premium.

It is all part of the subscription cost. BTW, D*Stream is literally as close to traditional as you can get via streaming. The UI is nearly identical and the channels offered are almost the same. But it does come at a premium.

I'm not seeing a advantage (other than no rain fade) since the costs look identical (a little cheaper without the extra fees the sat version charges but internet access easilly makes up for that). There is actually the disadvantage of having to pay for decent unlimited internet to be able to use it (which a lot of the country still does not have access to).

I'm not seeing a advantage (other than no rain fade) since the costs look identical (a little cheaper without the extra fees the sat version charges but internet access easilly makes up for that). There is actually the disadvantage of having to pay for decent unlimited internet to be able to use it (which a lot of the country still does not have access to).
The fees are alot. With 8 TV’s I pay 74 less a month between lease fees and the advanced receiver fees

The “internet” would be there whether I had Directv Stream or not. I didn’t increase my speeds because of stream, I’m using the same tier as I had pre-stream. The cost differences become significant as the number of TVs increase.

I may decide to go with D*Stream, but I'll need a Firestick on my LG smart TV. It doesn't have the streaming app, but the Firestick does. With three additional boxes I can drop, and a total of 5 TVs in the house (but only 2 people), this makes sense for me. A lot of our viewing is via streaming now with Netflix and Amazon Prime, so I'm sure our network can handle it.

I may decide to go with D*Stream, but I'll need a Firestick on my LG smart TV. It doesn't have the streaming app, but the Firestick does. With three additional boxes I can drop, and a total of 5 TVs in the house (but only 2 people), this makes sense for me. A lot of our viewing is via streaming now with Netflix and Amazon Prime, so I'm sure our network can handle it.
You can stream through the Roku app.

Since almost everyone has internet anyway, the only legitimate way to calculate is if you need to change to a different tier to account for data caps or speed needs. In my case that is $20/month over what I paid before I switched to all streaming.
In reality, the cost for live streaming a similar channel lineup should be about the same as cable/sat, minus the extra equipment cost with those. And the various live streamers keep getting closer to that number and D*Stream already being there.
I’ve said before that the only way to save significant money is to not use a live streaming service at all, just VOD.

Reactions: Jillian2
20 in your home network, 3 outside of home..

So if I ... spent a lot of time at my folks house, so I used a Roku there to stream DirecTV Stream with my account. And I also had DirecTV Stream on my Roku at my house, this would be OK?

And um... if sometimes I "forget" to turn my Roku off at home while at the folks house, so I may TOTALLY INADVERTENTLY be streaming the same channel at both times at both locations. This would be OK?

Asking for a friend.

So if I ... spent a lot of time at my folks house, so I used a Roku there to stream DirecTV Stream with my account. And I also had DirecTV Stream on my Roku at my house, this would be OK?

And um... if sometimes I "forget" to turn my Roku off at home while at the folks house, so I may TOTALLY INADVERTENTLY be streaming the same channel at both times at both locations. This would be OK?

Asking for a friend.

Yes. You would be using 2 total streams

Well, that shot the hell out of those that they were worried about account stacking ...
Sounds like if you go Streaming, thats allowed. Cool ....

Looks like it's really only two - unless you're using a tablet or something:

Keep in mind: Only two streaming devices connected to a TV can be accessed out of the home. For example: one DIRECTV STREAM device and one Firestick.

Looks like it's really only two - unless you're using a tablet or something:

Keep in mind: Only two streaming devices connected to a TV can be accessed out of the home. For example: one DIRECTV STREAM device and one Firestick.

Of couse the way around this is setting up a VPN link back to home with some VPN routers. I wouldn't suggesting doing it on anything but unlimited fiber. (You'll need decent upload).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts