Leaving Directv for Directv stream

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks like it's really only two - unless you're using a tablet or something:

Keep in mind: Only two streaming devices connected to a TV can be accessed out of the home. For example: one DIRECTV STREAM device and one Firestick.

I just found out today that D*Stream app on ipad/iphone supports Chromecast and AirPlay. Used to do Chromecast only for a live channel, now does it with recordings too.
I tested casting to my Chromecast w/GoogleTV and it worked fine though audio was only stereo.

I just found out today that D*Stream app on ipad/iphone supports Chromecast and AirPlay. Used to do Chromecast only for a live channel, now does it with recordings too.
I tested casting to my Chromecast w/GoogleTV and it worked fine though audio was only stereo.

That's another issue for me. I use surround sound. Does the DriecTV stream app output DD 5.1 audio? So far the only app's on my ROKU that I've been able to get to output DD 5.1 are HBOMax and PLEX.

That's another issue for me. I use surround sound. Does the DriecTV stream app output DD 5.1 audio? So far the only app's on my ROKU that I've been able to get to output DD 5.1 are HBOMax and PLEX.
If you are only getting DD 5.1 on HBO Max then something is wrong, I get DD+ and a lot in Atmos, not just on HBO, but Prime, Disney, Hulu ( on demand version), Vudu, etc.

If you are only getting DD 5.1 on HBO Max then something is wrong, I get DD+ and a lot in Atmos, not just on HBO, but Prime, Disney, Hulu ( on demand version), Vudu, etc.

Yeah, me too. I don’t use the Roku much anymore, but got DD5.1 or better on lots of apps.

BTW, for those that have seen other posts by me, you may have noticed that they were usually more wordy than recently. That’s because I recently had a stroke and it has made many mundane things very tedious and difficult. Like typing, doing a signature or tying my shoes. Just one of the ‘golden years’ things!

Yeah, me too. I don’t use the Roku much anymore, but got DD5.1 or better on lots of apps.

BTW, for those that have seen other posts by me, you may have noticed that they were usually more wordy than recently. That’s because I recently had a stroke and it has made many mundane things very tedious and difficult. Like typing, doing a signature or tying my shoes. Just one of the ‘golden years’ things!

lparsons21,

I am sorry that happened to you.

Please take good care.

lparsons21,

I am sorry that happened to you.

Please take good care.

Thanks, back to D*Stream.
I currently have it with Ultimate subscription level. IMO, it is overpriced, but I want FS2, & Golf and that’s the only level that has those channels as well as some other lesser cared about channels. As with cable/sat and other live streamers it is always a trade off between channels and cost.
I use the AT&T Osprey boxes on my 3 TVs and they work great and are really the best way to use D*Stream IMO.

What a difference a day makes. Today no casting of recordings

you can have as many BOXES as you can afford to buy and stream as much as your internet cap will allow
Not everyone has Data Caps, I have Charter, so none because of a agreement with the Government, Comcast, if you pay $25-30 a month which includes the modem/router rental, has none (xFi Advantage), Cox’s Unlimted is $30 a month, AT&T fiber is none, Star Link has none.

I assume there are others,

Last edited:
Reactions: mackie99
No, the number of simultaneous streams has been stated in this thread a few times, Vazhog is incorrect.
Yes, number of streams is not the real concern in my instance ... it would be the ip addresses I guess.
I can't imagine, all the stink they put up about Account Stacking (a recvr at another location) but let the Internet version still have 2 outside of the home on ANY network.

Yes, number of streams is not the real concern in my instance ... it would be the ip addresses I guess.
I can't imagine, all the stink they put up about Account Stacking (a recvr at another location) but let the Internet version still have 2 outside of the home on ANY network.

I think only Hulu+Live doesn’t allow any out of home streaming on actual streaming boxes.

I’ve been with Directv since 1996, I have now switched to Directv stream.
I like that there is no fee for additional TVs. No HD fee, no rsn fees,
Picture quality is great and allows me more freedom when traveling with my RV. Don’t have to carry a satellite dish and set it up.
Ordered the DTV stream box. And also can use my Roku devices when traveling and on my additional TVs. So far had no issues running smooth. Streams boxes arrive tomorrow. Been using Roku last two days.
Another thing I’ve noticed I have MASN 2 and I’m getting 2 Bally Sports south full time.
Didn’t get that on sat. Also Hereos and icons channel is on stream. Not on sat.
Have you traveled since having DTV stream, wondering if can still get the same locals when treveling?

I think only Hulu+Live doesn’t allow any out of home streaming on actual streaming boxes.
But isn't HULU in reality, just an app ?
I can run Hulu thru a downloaded app on my Android based TV, I can have Hulu on my Roku I believe, can I not take my roku wherever I want and still have Hulu ?

But isn't HULU in reality, just an app ?
I can run Hulu thru a downloaded app on my Android based TV, I can have Hulu on my Roku I believe, can I not take my roku wherever I want and still have Hulu ?

Basic Hulu is quite different from their Live streaming service in what it will allow.

Been testing it out for 4 weeks now, I've found the Roku Ultra user interface is the most friendly of devices I've tested with the exception of their own streaming box and you do get 5:1 surround on many channels if it's important. They offer channels I can't get with other streaming services ironically the main downfall for me is the lack of Redzone and NFL Network so come next NFL season I'll be dumping it and going back to YTTV during that 5 1/2 month NFL period.
PQ is pretty dang good provided DolbyVision is turned on in-display setting on Roku device (available option if TV supports and is turned on ) I only have 1-TV that supports this feature (LG OLED CX). Another good thing most channels with a few exceptions like ABC and ESPN are broadcast in 1080p. I've tried the DTV streaming device and ended up sending it back. I get better PQ using the DolbyVision supported devices like the latest Roku and FireTV cube. The reason I say latest, I'm not sure if all devices support it. For whatever reason when DolbyVision is turned on colors pop and resolution looks higher vs being turned off.
I've read a new version of the DTV streaming box is coming. Loved how it worked reminded me of the old days of satellite TV and the user-friendly remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)