Let's discuss Enigma 2, etc in this forum

Yea, i switched to an Enigma2 based unit about a year ago. I am really happy with the streaming abilities on it. I don't have a satellite receiver in my bedroom, and it is really nice taking control of the STB in the living room and watching any of my channels. Works smoothly and never have any issues. I also am very familiar with Linux, so that makes it nice. It is also very easy to update your satellite channels via the freeware programs out there.

The limitation that they finally cracked was blind scanning. I was never interested in buying a STB that didn't support blind scanning. But, NOT all enigma2 based systems support the blind scanning, i believe it to only be a new feature allotted to the new 4K generation STB's. The ones prior to that had no blind scan functionality.

That's why I haven't been that interested in trying the linux/Enigma2 since the AzBox Ultra, might have to look into one of these with the new software(s).
never interested in buying a STB that didn't support blind scanning
Might have to try the new receiver Brain has... haven't spent much on receivers lately, might be time for a new one to replace the Ultra which is still my main receiver. Remote is almost worn out. Got my $$ worth out of it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts