Letter from DirecTV re: NFL Superfan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

glenglenddd

Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
I'm sure many who subscribed to Superfan also received this letter, but it said that because many people without the "proper" hardware (I'm paraphrasing) could not fully utilize Superfan, they will credit $99 towards NEXT year's subscription of Superfan...What do you think of this? I think it's pretty nice of a company to admit their "shortcomings" and make somewhat of an effort to compensate...

glenglenddd said:
I'm sure many who subscribed to Superfan also received this letter, but it said that because many people without the "proper" hardware (I'm paraphrasing) could not fully utilize Superfan, they will credit $99 towards NEXT year's subscription of Superfan...What do you think of this? I think it's pretty nice of a company to admit their "shortcomings" and make somewhat of an effort to compensate...

You guys really need to read before posting! Its all ready covered here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=88525

I'm confused. They aren't owning up to the fact that they've overcharged for the NFL Sunday Ticket's Superfan, are they? Rather, they are saying their consumer base's hardware can't keep pace with the company's HD progress?? If so, that is laughable! Is there any way you can post the letter? It would be an interesting read!

Could it be that Directv has bitten off billions more than they are going to be able to chew? And the consumers are the scape goats for its failure to read the market right!? It will be very interesting to see how they bail themselves out from the loss of customers and subscriptions that they've been hit with because of this and other ST issues. I do hope they fix it! For a very long time the NFL Sunday Ticket was a great product. Now it is way over priced and has way too many games blacked out for what they charge.

But I must say, I'm thrilled for those of you that are getting the $99 refund.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)