Level 2 test?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hutch1814

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Indiana
Anybody have an idea what a level 2 test is? My receiver is running it now, just curious what it is

I've never heard of it. Did it start on it's own?

No, I was just flipping through the menus and found it under misc. settings. Said it would take several hours...I couldn't help it, I hit the button!

No, I was just flipping through the menus and found it under misc. settings. Said it would take several hours...I couldn't help it, I hit the button!

Unfortunately, you can't watch anything while it runs, from what I remember.
I ran it awhile back, won't do that again unless I HAVE too.

Level two test is a HDD test, like a surface test. It will take a LONG time, as in many hours. If you wanna run it, probably better start it before bed and let it run while you are at work the next day.

Level two test is a HDD test, like a surface test. It will take a LONG time, as in many hours. If you wanna run it, probably better start it before bed and let it run while you are at work the next day.

I'm surprised that it shows up as an option in the Misc. section.
Theres another test I ran a few weeks back that went thru about everything, don't remember exactly how to get to it, I think it was INFO during a reboot when the recvr check comes up.

Well I wanted to watch tv and the only thing playing was the NFL network so I canceled it. I'm going to run it tonight, let everybody know what my receiver says in the morning.

But does anybody know why it only shows on my living room receiver? And what's the purpose? I forgot to set it to run over night

But does anybody know why it only shows on my living room receiver? And what's the purpose? I forgot to set it to run over night

Did you input "IAMANEDGECUTTER" on the search screen and do a keyword search? That is what makes the receiver show the miscellaneous menu.

Did you input "IAMANEDGECUTTER" on the search screen and do a keyword search? That is what makes the receiver show the miscellaneous menu.

Hutch,
On the other recvr is what bobvick is talking about, you need to do the "Iamanedgecutter" on each recvr if you want it to show on the others.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)