Levels on AMC 6

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fortyfives

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 2, 2005
Just wondering if anyone is having trouble with AMC 6. I have always noticed that this is my weakest satellite. I get AMC 3 fine and Panamsat 9 fine, but AMC 6 has always been weak. I'm getting around 25% on the Nasa channels and PCN. I can't even get a complete lock on the two UPN channels. I get good strong signals of 50% to 100% on all other sats down to AMC 7.

I'm getting a signal of 50% on the NASA channels, and a good picture. On the UPN channels only 25% and the picture is tiling. I live in S.E. Louisiana.

Don H.

AMC6 comes in pretty good here too (Northeast), Not home so I do not have the exact #s but they are on the high side.

Nasa Tv

What reciever and lnb are you using for NASA. I'm having a heck of a time with a 10 footer an older C band LNB and a pico macom DVB reciever. spent hours and can not find it here in San Diego on C band. been trying to fix it for our science center. I am temporarly using the free channel on Dish but they want the 4 digital channels.

Thanks in advance
IMAX Jack

imaxman said:
What reciever and lnb are you using for NASA. I'm having a heck of a time with a 10 footer an older C band LNB and a pico macom DVB reciever. spent hours and can not find it here in San Diego on C band. been trying to fix it for our science center. I am temporarly using the free channel on Dish but they want the 4 digital channels.

Thanks in advance
IMAX Jack

I am using a 10 foot dish, Coship 3188C and a Norsat 3220. But that LNB is overkill for NASA, a standard LNB should do fine on it, it is pretty strong.

Like voomvoom said they do mirror the feeds on AMC7.

I am using a 10' dish with a 25 degree lnb, Nasa on amc 6 comes in very well here in northern VT (sorry cant give actual signal level, wife is using the BUD right now)

AMC 6 signal stregnth

I tried to get AMC 6 here in Panama about 30 miles from the Costa Rican border. So far I can't even get a bump on my Satlook Digital.:eek:

Equipment in use is a Realview 2.4 meter center focus six segment dish and a BSC621-2 dual c / ku band lnb. Neusat 6000 and Viewsat Xtreme.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts