LG 3D Impressions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Speaking of the white and orange glasses. Based on some Amazon reviews, even if you order those (black) LG glasses from Amazon separately, you are not guaranteed to receive the black ones. Some buyers have received white and orange! ;)

I got black ones from Amazon, wishing now they were wht/or. , this way the rug rats have their own and won't be putting their paw prints all over the adult black glasses.
Dan

I've just connected my Roku box. This now eliminates my only concern about this LG set: the missing Internet Apps and Wi-Fi.
I now think it's not a problem at all. This TV set will hopefully serve me for many years to come. The Internet apps and Wi-Fi will probably get outdated much sooner than that. Having an external box for streaming, makes it much easier to upgrade it down the road.

I was pleasantly surprised when connecting it all to find a VGA input. Something I wanted four years ago and probably don't need now. :)

I've been using my AppleTV's youtube app to find 3D videos, some are crap of course, some are pretty good. Some are one image above another, others are side by side. The TV can handle both types. Avoid the red/green tinted ones of course.

Hint: search on "yt3d"

Has anybody figured out how to turn off those two annoying popups every time 3D mode turns on? One is telling me to put the glasses on and the other is a politically correct health advisory. Duh, I pushed the button, I know to put the glasses on, and I'm sure not gonna keep them on if it makes me sick.

I put The Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader in yesterday and had to dismiss the popups four or five times before the movie started. Decent film by the way, especially considering the entire 3D conversion was done in postprocessing.

Has anybody figured out how to turn off those two annoying popups every time 3D mode turns on? One is telling me to put the glasses on and the other is a politically correct health advisory. Duh, I pushed the button, I know to put the glasses on, and I'm sure not gonna keep them on if it makes me sick.

I've been wondering too!

Don- I will have two HDR TD10's with me as well as my twin cam 3D table as I plan to do some scenic 3D panoramas. Locations- Stratosphere tower view of LV, Death Valley ( weather permitting ) maybe Hoover Dam time permitting.

I have the Vizio 32" and the popup warnings are very annoying. I'm happy my Sony VPL-90ES does none of that crap.

Attachments

• 12inch slide table rear view.jpg
    12inch slide table rear view.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 122
FYI, LG support told me that the popups cannot be turned off. So unless I hear of a hacked firmware for the TV, we're stuck with them.

We picked up the 42" bundle deal with 3D TV, 4 glasses, and the BluRay player last weekend.

It looks very nice and works well with both 3D BluRay and Comcast channels.

I seem to get a slight headache even from the passive glasses, so I'm kind of bummed about that.

Price was only $699 at Best Buy, and I had a $50 Rewards coupon, so I think we got a great deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts