linear lnb that looks like circular lnb

Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
LINEAR DUAL STANDARD LNB FOR PANSAT RECEIVER FSS LNBF - eBay (item 180227190506 end time Mar-30-08 12:48:53 PDT)

If i buy this or one like it from sponsor... how can a skew it? I want to experiment with a 24 inch directv dish... it would mount just like a circular lnb, so the only way to skew it would be via the back of the dish?

Also is this lnb (118 119 Circular Linear Combo Dual Output LNB FTA Dish - eBay (item 360035943540 end time Mar-30-08 11:00:32 PDT)) usable on any other ku linear birds besides 118?

LINEAR DUAL STANDARD LNB FOR PANSAT RECEIVER FSS LNBF - eBay (item 180227190506 end time Mar-30-08 12:48:53 PDT)

If i buy this or one like it from sponsor... how can a skew it? I want to experiment with a 24 inch directv dish... it would mount just like a circular lnb, so the only way to skew it would be via the back of the dish?
correct. That is the only way to skew it unless you fabricate some bracket

nope...and I tried one and it didnt work

118 is actually circular.

I dont own one of these digiwaves, but a friend does, and me and him couldnt ever get the thing to work very good. piece of junk.

linear dual with rectangular base

I looked that up a while back, and found someone selling them for about $17 shipped.
I'll PM it to you in case you are interested.
Also, there was a review of a similar unit (see the review section) about a year ago.
I think it was called a Megasat
But, you know how things come and go. :)
Probably the same hardware under a different name. ;)

Don't waste your time (or money) with a linear LNBF on a 24" dish. It will not work. You will need a minimum of 30"+ to get linear KU signal.

Good luck.

Don't waste your time (or money) with a linear LNBF on a 24" dish. It will not work. You will need a minimum of 30"+ to get linear KU signal.

Good luck.

I want to test my luck on some strong TPs, just for the fun of it! Otherwise when i find out it does not work i'll use it for something else.

I looked that up a while back, and found someone selling them for about $17 shipped.
I'll PM it to you in case you are interested.
Also, there was a review of a similar unit (see the review section) about a year ago.
I think it was called a Megasat
But, you know how things come and go. :)
Probably the same hardware under a different name. ;)

Thanks for the link. I still like the idea of a linear lnb that has the rectangle base. It looks slightly better, coax connector is hidden, fits smaller dishes, and i can skew it via the back of the dish.

Thanks for all the replies... some of those new lnbs on ebay look interesting, but it seems like they don't deliver the same quality and are probably intended for a different type of fta market.

I've been able to get the strong stuff on 101 (KUIL, 3ABN), 95 (CCTV), 93 (Doc Scott) and 89 (ABCNews stuff) with a 18" dish :)

(last pic shows the 101 LNB wedged on a Phase II dish between 91 & 110...when both actually had some FTA channels

While Sadoun is right that a 24" isnt reliable for KU...its fun as heck to tinker

Thats why we can get strong KU signals on a 18" or Phase II doish and why we can get some strong C-Band stuff on a 1.2m dish and even a 40x30 primestar. Because it pushes the limits and is fun :)

Attachments

• 18 test rig 2.JPG
    18 test rig 2.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 273
  • 18 test rig 3.JPG
    18 test rig 3.JPG
    18.3 KB · Views: 268
  • 18 test rig 4.JPG
    18 test rig 4.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 251
  • 18 test rig 5.JPG
    18 test rig 5.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 230
  • IM000798.JPG
    IM000798.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 268
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)