Little Rock HD Locals - Those Not Being Carried

I have never experienced impulse interference with OTA, you must have a VHF-low channel, UHF is not effected by impulse except in very extreme circumstances.

I have never experienced impulse interference with OTA, you must have a VHF-low channel, UHF is not effected by impulse except in very extreme circumstances.
The previous posts were discussing KETS-DT, which serves Little Rock and is currently on Lowband VHF channel 5. It suffers from horrible impulse noise interference. In Feb., it is moving to Highband VHF channel 7, and will likely have the same problems, although possibly on a lesser scale.

I also have a highband VHF channel 9 digital station, KAFT-DT, that has the same interference from light switches, motors and lightning occuring anywhere in the area. It does not have to be close by. It is less of a problem on upper VHF, but nevertheless, still annoying when the audio drops out.

UHF DTV stations do not have this problem.

As a long-time Dish HD subscriber, I was glad to see the CBS (KTHV) and ABC (KATV) affiliate stations go live about a month ago. They look great!

Now the question is where is Fox (KLRT), CW (KASN), and NBC (KARK)? These all broadcast some HD programming. Don't know about WB (KWBF).

Have been told that Dish has been in negotiations with KLRT and KASN for a couple of months now with no agreement.

C'mon, Dish ... I pay you plenty for the programming I receive. Signing agreements with all of the LR locals will mean far more to me than some of the HD programming you already carry.

To fellow Arkansans, would suggest that you contact Dish Support and express your support in writing or by calls or we'll still be waiting months from now.

How are you getting KTHV and Channel 7 in HD with Dish? I live in Dumas and watch the same LR locals as you do but have not noticed the (HD) logo on the program guide next to KTHV and/or KATV. Maybe they did LR first then will venture out to the rest of the state.

How are you getting KTHV and Channel 7 in HD with Dish? I live in Dumas and watch the same LR locals as you do but have not noticed the (HD) logo on the program guide next to KTHV and/or KATV. Maybe they did LR first then will venture out to the rest of the state.

The Little Rock HD channels are being carried on the 77 satellite: You will need either an additional dish pointing to that satellite or a 1000.4 dish which replaces the 110, 119, & 129 with the Eastern Arc satellites.

EKB: Dish Network Channels at 77°

To get the HD channels just call Dish tech support. You may have to call more than once. If you are paying for the locals and have HD programming, you should qualify to receive the dish to be installed.

The Little Rock HD channels are being carried on the 77 satellite: You will need either an additional dish pointing to that satellite or a 1000.4 dish which replaces the 110, 119, & 129 with the Eastern Arc satellites.

EKB: Dish Network Channels at 77°

To get the HD channels just call Dish tech support. You may have to call more than once. If you are paying for the locals and have HD programming, you should qualify to receive the dish to be installed.

Cool thanks. WPS!!!:)

I emailed the program manager at Fox16 today and asked if there had been any progress made in their negotiations with Dish Network for their HD feed. She informed me that an agreement has been reached and carriage for KLRT-HD should begin sometime between now and March.

I am trying to get the French Language package that I am presently getting on 148 but it is moving to 118.7. Meanwhile the Little Rock HD's are on 77 as noted here.

There is no way to get 110, 119, 129, and 118.7, and then add the HD locals at 77.

I talked to Dish "Advanced Technical Support" last night. They said that Arkansas is not eligible for Eastern Arc, only the "East Coast." On that basis (supposedly) they won't activate Eastern Arc for people in Arkansas (?!). I asked why the locals were on 77 then. They said that the Little Rock HD's are not "really" supposed to be on 77, that they are testing them there, and that they are really going to move to 61.5. So their solution for me was to have 110, 119, 118.7, and 61.5. Supposedly an installer is going to come out and set all this up. (It will be a nightmare since I have a cliff and a million trees on the south side of the house, and everything I have now is (a) legacy LNB's and (b) on a separate Dish 300, pointing through "holes" in the forest treetops.)

Since 61.5 duplicates nearly everything that is on 129, I suppose that is okay.

Can anyone provide any further information and thoughts?

I saw a map that showed Eastern Arc dish could be used as far west and Kansas City -- which is further west than Little Rock. Check out the EA thread here...

Seeing this thread reminded me to contact DISH to get set up for the Little Rock locals. After 45 minutes of online chat with DISH customer service I am now scheduled to be upgraded to the Eastern Arc Dish on February 18, 2009, (supposedly the earliest available install date.... right...lol).

What does have me steamed is that since EA is all MPEG4 I will have to upgrade my lone MPEG2 receiver, an old 510. They want to charge me $75 and a lease fee to get a Vip211 upgrade... thanks but no thanks when I can buy one without a lease fee for approximately $150. Any thoughts?

Seeing this thread reminded me to contact DISH to get set up for the Little Rock locals. After 45 minutes of online chat with DISH customer service I am now scheduled to be upgraded to the Eastern Arc Dish on February 18, 2009, (supposedly the earliest available install date.... right...lol).

What does have me steamed is that since EA is all MPEG4 I will have to upgrade my lone MPEG2 receiver, an old 510. They want to charge me $75 and a lease fee to get a Vip211 upgrade... thanks but no thanks when I can buy one without a lease fee for approximately $150. Any thoughts?

What if the one you buy craps out??????

I also signed up for the EA and had to upgrade my 322 to an MPEG4 receiver. I bought a 222k from DishStore.net. I also have a 222 (owned) and 622 (leased). I may want to add another DVR receiver in the future so I wanted to have the ability to do that within the 4 tuner lease restriction imposed by Dish. I had rather lease the DVR units since I figure they are more likely to be a problem in the long term.

My install date is 2-12-09 for the EA 1000.4 dish. I DO NOT like having my locals disconnected until then since I have no program guide info on my OTA channels until the new install is complete. Looks like Dish could have a “work around” to avoid that.

I also signed up for the EA and had to upgrade my 322 to an MPEG4 receiver. I bought a 222k from DishStore.net. I also have a 222 (owned) and 622 (leased). I may want to add another DVR receiver in the future so I wanted to have the ability to do that within the 4 tuner lease restriction imposed by Dish. I had rather lease the DVR units since I figure they are more likely to be a problem in the long term.

My install date is 2-12-09 for the EA 1000.4 dish. I DO NOT like having my locals disconnected until then since I have no program guide info on my OTA channels until the new install is complete. Looks like Dish could have a “work around” to avoid that.

Yes, I had a nice surprise waiting for me when I got home this afternoon... all of my locals were shut off!!!

Got back online with tech support... after another half hour of wrangling... they got turned back on.

Apparently anytime a work order is put in motion to do a change based on HD locals, the computer treats you as a "new customer" and resets your account to a "no locals" option. There is apparently a workaround since the tech rep did a "rebuild" on my work order and got the SD locals back on. And I'm still set for a 2/18 install...

More adventures in DishLand...

What if the one you buy craps out??????

I have had several and I mean several receivers crap out with DISH in the 12 years I have had them this month. Mostly dvrs since 99,since that is all I have had till this week. If you have one go out ,simply add the dish home protection plan -insurance for 5.99 to your account ,then get a replacement sent to your house from DISH. They will exchange the bad one for a good one and pay for shipping and handling if you use the DHP insurance. They will also replace lnbs that go out and if you need a tech visit to your home, it will be only $29.99 instead of $99.99 . You can drop off the insurance once you get the replacement receiver and add it back just when you need it. I've done it over the years just fine.

Just saw this thread today. My neighbor works at the ClearChannel facility (where FOX does their broadcasts from) and he said the deal has been reached and that the signal should be going up anytime in the next week and a half. Supposedly they're rushing to build an HD set for the Fox news as well so that 16 will be the first Little Rock news crew to enter the HD arena.

Now I just want KARZ 42 to get HD so I can watch Smackdown on Friday nights in HD properly!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)