Live 4K Broadcast on DIRECTV this month!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I suspect that it's because they are wanting to implement a server, client type of thing. In the future we may see that the DVR part like the HR54 become server only and put into a media closet or cable closet, and all TV locations have a thin client. It's easier this way and does not require DVR's to be placed all over the house. It would not surprise me to see the video outputs drop off and setup is completed through a web gui.

Basically you have one giant server storing and getting video from every source to man, (Satellite, Internet, ect.) and all of your clients get your video from it to include your smartphone as a client that can access your video outside of the home. The server you wont be charged for but the clients you will.

this would be fine, if it has more than 5 tuners
and there was no fee for the server

If I'm reading this right.
If you have two 4K tv's you'll need two clients to get the 4K channels when they become available. The hr54 will be your base which should be connected to a 1080p tv?
Except AIUI, the Genies can only handle 1 4K stream at a time.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

My next question are these clients as slow as the clients that go with the 44?
I'm hoping for little to no lag.

I have a HR54 and C61K. There is a little lag when fast forwarding or rewinding, but I have not noticed much lag when changing channels or using the guide and menu.

I also have a C41 and had a HR34. The C41 was horribly slow with the HR34, but is quicker with the HR54. The C61K seems quicker to me than the C41.

Last edited:
Reactions: tigerfan33
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)