Live Retailer Chat Recap - December 22, 2005

There should be a great deal of information at this years CES. I'm sure SatelliteGuys will be asking all the right questions to all the right people so there will be little doubt as to what Dish and VOOM have planned for 2006.;)

They are wrapping no now, it was an interesting chat with the announcement of the 622 being releasedFeb 1st. and the fact that after February 1st only HD receivers should be sold. :)

Jan 9, 06 - Special HD info Charlie Chat - (Monday)

Jan 11, 06 - Noon ET - Next Retailer Chat... - (Wednsday)

That's all she wrote for this chat.....

Scott Greczkowski said:
January 9th is a special HD Charlie Chat, Jan 11th is the next retailer chat.
Yeah, but won't CES take the air out of the special HD Chat? Honestly, there really shouldn't be any new information presented nor stones unturned after the SatGuys "Talking Head" reports from CES.:)

TNGTony said:
Added the known price increases to the EKB Price increase page HERE
Still can't get into the chat. I get the same message I posted before.

New customers that activate in January 2006 with 18 month contract, are they locked in at the old price for 18 months or is the price increased for ALL new and old subs in Feb. 06?

This has been a great couple of days for me! Yesterday I found out I'll be getting a promotion on the first. That has been my final reason for holding out on the HD PVR (present/reward to self). Today I find out that the 622 will be released on my bd. Woo Hoo!

So... Who has pix of the 622 to post? Who will be the first to start taking pre-orders on the 622 - and when?

:hungry:

Cheers,
Red

TNGTony said:
Added the known price increases to the EKB Price increase page HERE

Still can't get into the chat. I get the same message I posted before.

Not sure Tony. I will look into it. :)

Could be someone on the server with the same handle.

RedSavina said:
This has been a great couple of days for me! Yesterday I found out I'll be getting a promotion on the first. That has been my final reason for holding out on the HD PVR (present/reward to self). Today I find out that the 622 will be released on my bd. Woo Hoo!

So... Who has pix of the 622 to post? Who will be the first to start taking pre-orders on the 622 - and when?

:hungry:

Cheers,
Red

Someone is supposed to be sending me photos. Also soon I will have a 625 so I can view the Retailer Chats again, and with a DVR I will be able to do screen captures when I get home from work. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Someone is supposed to be sending me photos. Also soon I will have a 625 so I can view the Retailer Chats again, and with a DVR I will be able to do screen captures when I get home from work. :D

Scott, any mention of when the ViP211 will be made available?

Scott Greczkowski said:
Leslie goes over the specs of the 622, almost sounded like she was reading my post with the specs which I posted a few days ago. :)

Leslie says that the 622 will be available "Very Soon"

And the specs she goes over are????

riffjom4069 says:

Yeah, but won't CES take the air out of the special HD Chat? Honestly, there really shouldn't be any new information presented nor stones unturned after the SatGuys "Talking Head" reports from CES.

The average customer that tunes in to a Charlie Chat probably isn't keeping up to date with either CES or Satellite Guys so, IMO, the answer is no.

At least not for the target market for the chat.

Cheers,

Maybe after a few days of having the new stuff drilled into his head, charlie will be able to repeat it correctly this month...or at least give us a laugh as he tries...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts