Live Retailer Chat Recap - December 22, 2005

I think it would be funny if in the opening of the Charlie Chat we see a scene of the tech guys watching last months charlie chat and holding their heads in disbelief.

We then see them say "We got to do something"

Then have Mark Jackson pick up a roll of duct tape and say "Duck Tape fixes everything."

We then see them run down the hall as it fades to the Charlie Chat opening.

After the opening we see Mark and Dan sitting at the desk smiling welcoming everyone to the chat, as we hear the muffled sounds of someone off camera.

As Mark and Dan start to talk the camera pans back to see Charlie and Jim duct taped to their chairs and some duct tape over their mouths.

Mark and Dan just chuckle at the camera and start saying that since they are the tech guys they though who else would be bette for a show about HD then the tech guys.

Later on in the show they can bring back a real boring guest, the guy who was trying to tell us what a pixel is (remember him) About half way though this guy telling us what a Pixel is Mark and Dan run in back of him and put duct tape across his mouth as well.

That would be a fun show. :)

So how old is the 6000?

I can see it now:
vip622 retail: $700
tradeup from 942 in late 2006: $100 plus commitment
tradeup from 6000 in 2007: $698

Seriously- are people expecting the same deal for a receiver they've had for several years as is given people with year-old equipment?

Chris Walker said:
Price increase? They can't justify one unless OLN comes back and something else is added as well.
dude they added nfl channel,espnu and cstv... all sports channels all cost lots of $$$$$$

Now the questions are: What will be the cost of a 622, and when will they let existing customers buy/lease one? In the past, they have always withheld allowing existing customers to upgrade for a few months.

Tom Bombadil said:
Now the questions are: What will be the cost of a 622, and when will they let existing customers buy/lease one? In the past, they have always withheld allowing existing customers to upgrade for a few months.
I think it will be the same price or less than a 942 - $599 - $699 IMO.

David_Levin said:
Is it just me, or does it seem silly that the 625 is an SD receiver while the 622 in the top-of-line HD receiver.
I think they could use a more user friendly naming convention.

Yep, their no rhyme or reason. Same with the 211/411 vs. the 811. They should take a look at the DirecTV naming scheme and comeup with something similar that lets the customer know what type of receiever the model is and what product generation it belongs to.

Reefer123 said:
Does it really matter?! Most people have no idea what number receiver they have anyway.

I'm sure you'd be saying something different if you got a 625 instead of a 622 because someone read the work order incorrectly. At the very least they could add a prefix to their model numbers. (i.e. HD-DVR 622, DVR 625)

I notice the price guarantee until 2008 in the EKB. In other words just one year (2007) of a skipped increase then they plan on increasing it again. At this point it seems as if the basic packages are going up to what the next package up used to be. I expect to see a similar increase from DirecTv as well.

Stargazer said:
I notice the price guarantee until 2008 in the EKB. In other words just one year (2007) of a skipped increase then they plan on increasing it again. At this point it seems as if the basic packages are going up to what the next package up used to be. I expect to see a similar increase from DirecTv as well.

I wonder what the new hd package pricing will be.

dimi1963 said:
Any hints on existing customers with leased 942 and 811? What is the plan, if any exist, to swap them out with MPG4 receivers?
I hope that question would be answered during the HD Chat. I live near NYC and with the locals coming in, most likely in MPEG4, it would be nice to know what will happen to the 811 I'm leasing currently.

Scott Greczkowski said:
The 942 is being discontinued. The 622 will be available on February 1st.

Jim says only buy what you need.

why would they do that? dident they just release the 942?

I wonder what the new Family and package similar to AEP (or perhaps a renaming of the package) will be like. Maybe they have decided to make some changes to the premium package giving more advantages such as more savings and so forth. I think it would be a great idea if they would include some of the Dish Home interactive functions in the AEP package.

Stargazer said:
I think it would be a great idea if they would include some of the Dish Home interactive functions in the AEP package.
I don't understand what you're asking for, Dish Home is available regardless of package (receiver dependent of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts