Live Retailer Chat Recap - December 22, 2005

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
TonyP:
Wasn't the 942 pretty much functional out of the box with few if any notable bugs? Sure, some features to be added later, but it worked fine. Yes, a later s/w update dorked it up a bit, but then that was pretty much fixed in the next update. 942 released on time? Not sure, I don't remember pre-release info with a release date. I think Dish has been learning and improving.
Stargazer:
I thought it was pretty much set that all receivers as of, say, 12/01/05, would be phased out pretty quickly, and all future receivers would be HD, 8PSK & USB2 capable (after 411). Wasn't some part of this mentioned on a Chat? Plus the usual rumors, of course.

Navychop, that's been my experience with the 942. A few glitches, but 100% usable since it showed up the week of its release. Of late, my big complaint is some pixellation when recording 2 HD channels and playing back HD simultaneously, but I can understand that may be pushing the system to the edge (uh, but I'd like to see it fixed).

Thumbs up on the 942, and I can hope the future of E* hardware is as good.

Scott Greczkowski said:
They are wrapping no now, it was an interesting chat with the announcement of the 622 being releasedFeb 1st. and the fact that after February 1st only HD receivers should be sold. :)

Did I read this correctly? Are they only going to be selling HD-capable receivers after Feb. 1? No more 301, 311, 625, etc? That sounds like the biggest news to me - if I read this correctly.

I have had the 942 sence day one :) and I havent had any major issues with it other than when it died due to a system failure of non reconizing checkswitches :) other than that It is a rock solid system. BTW I had my 942 replaced like a week or two ago. :) DPP pays off :)

dlsnyder said:
Did I read this correctly? Are they only going to be selling HD-capable receivers after Feb. 1? No more 301, 311, 625, etc? That sounds like the biggest news to me - if I read this correctly.

I assume the new 411 and soon to be 211 will start being installed as the "basic" receiver instead of the 311 on "new" installs. It would make logic with E* wanting to push towards MPEG4 , why contiune to make and place new 311's in the field when you want to do away with that techology.

dlsnyder said:

I did NOT read it that way AT ALL. What they said was that E* will reimburse retailers the 811's at the same cost as 301/311's. So that the retailers should keep the inventory of 811's in check. There's no way they'll only make 411/211/622's be made available come 2/1/06. Retailers such as myself can have hundreds of 301/311's that can become obsolete and E* would give a far advanced warning than they gave for 811's and 942's.

So no, SD receivers will continue to be the standard receivers come 2/1/06.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)