Live Streaming at Home (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
I guess I can understand. But, I have to admit I'm a little more than disappointed that I cannot stream my local hockey teams' games live, while here at home. I live here in NY and was trying to watch the Rangers on MSGHD (Ch. 634) last night, on both my iPhone and iPad. When I tried to open ch. 634, it said that the game was blacked out in my area. Even stranger was when I tried to view ch. 634, I was actually shown the NHL Network ch. 215. There was no way for me to manually enter 6-3-4. When I had FiOS, you had the option to enter the channel number and games were not blacked out when I viewed at home. It obviously knew I was on my home network. Is there any way around this issue when trying to view live home team sports???

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
I'm guessing you're talking about the DirecTV app on a phone or tablet? Since it is a graphical interface there are some limitations. You could try tuning via the guide but I believe it may still auto direct to the stream it wants to give for that programming if on multiple networks.

If you aren't referring to the app, my apologies I misunderstood.

Reactions: whitewolf8214

AZ.

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 26, 2011
crazy
I have my sling box as my backup for that reason...On the app. when it first launched I had my locals, since then there all gone....So last night Cardinals played and I was out of luck when I was out on the direct app., but could sling...

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
Thank you. Yes, I was speaking of using the DirecTV App on both my iPhone and iPad. I did, though, find a way around the issue. I simply went to the channel it was being broadcast on, for the Center Ice Package...I believe that night, it was 775-1 for the Rangers home broadcast. When I chose that channel, it went right to it. For whatever reason, when I chose ch. 634, it sent me to ch. 215, which was being blacked out.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Thank you. Yes, I was speaking of using the DirecTV App on both my iPhone and iPad. I did, though, find a way around the issue. I simply went to the channel it was being broadcast on, for the Center Ice Package...I believe that night, it was 775-1 for the Rangers home broadcast. When I chose that channel, it went right to it. For whatever reason, when I chose ch. 634, it sent me to ch. 215, which was being blacked out.
Maybe the NHL Network had the rights to it that night.
I think normally the Center ICE feed comes From the RSN.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
The NHL Network didn't exclusive rights that night. The game was available on MSGHD, I just wasn't able to get to that channel. And, yes, I was able to when I finally decided to check and see if it would work...and it did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)