Live Streaming at Home

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
I guess I can understand. But, I have to admit I'm a little more than disappointed that I cannot stream my local hockey teams' games live, while here at home. I live here in NY and was trying to watch the Rangers on MSGHD (Ch. 634) last night, on both my iPhone and iPad. When I tried to open ch. 634, it said that the game was blacked out in my area. Even stranger was when I tried to view ch. 634, I was actually shown the NHL Network ch. 215. There was no way for me to manually enter 6-3-4. When I had FiOS, you had the option to enter the channel number and games were not blacked out when I viewed at home. It obviously knew I was on my home network. Is there any way around this issue when trying to view live home team sports???

I'm guessing you're talking about the DirecTV app on a phone or tablet? Since it is a graphical interface there are some limitations. You could try tuning via the guide but I believe it may still auto direct to the stream it wants to give for that programming if on multiple networks.

If you aren't referring to the app, my apologies I misunderstood.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I have my sling box as my backup for that reason...On the app. when it first launched I had my locals, since then there all gone....So last night Cardinals played and I was out of luck when I was out on the direct app., but could sling...

Thank you. Yes, I was speaking of using the DirecTV App on both my iPhone and iPad. I did, though, find a way around the issue. I simply went to the channel it was being broadcast on, for the Center Ice Package...I believe that night, it was 775-1 for the Rangers home broadcast. When I chose that channel, it went right to it. For whatever reason, when I chose ch. 634, it sent me to ch. 215, which was being blacked out.

Thank you. Yes, I was speaking of using the DirecTV App on both my iPhone and iPad. I did, though, find a way around the issue. I simply went to the channel it was being broadcast on, for the Center Ice Package...I believe that night, it was 775-1 for the Rangers home broadcast. When I chose that channel, it went right to it. For whatever reason, when I chose ch. 634, it sent me to ch. 215, which was being blacked out.
Maybe the NHL Network had the rights to it that night.
I think normally the Center ICE feed comes From the RSN.

The NHL Network didn't exclusive rights that night. The game was available on MSGHD, I just wasn't able to get to that channel. And, yes, I was able to when I finally decided to check and see if it would work...and it did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.