Status
Please reply by conversation.

shadetree1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2009
Iowa, USA
Hello,

Newbe to FTA. Setting up first system. Found a old 3 angles offset dish 32”VX30”H, on a budget. Dish lays flat but arm is to left. Clamped a D-cell Maglite in 40mm lnb mount and moved the narrowed beam to center, no problem. Later I noticed my other dishes DTV & WildBlue, had the lnb aiming to the lower 2/3s of the dish. Mine is center x center. Is their a simple way to adjust vertically?

Thanks for any help.

I would not attempt to adjust the arm until you have verified that you are not able to get signal on the dish. It is possible that the arm is in the correct position, and bending it more than necessary can throw the whole thing off. Was this dish originally equipped with side support struts to hold the center arm in place?

I think you are right, leave alone while the beam is centered. When the weather is better I will add the QPH-031 and see if I can get any kind of signal on the ground. I guess If I use a highpower sat stationary, it will allow for tweeking and if dish works I'll add the SG2100 and finish the setup. Just wanting to checkout before installing on roof. And no it has no support struts for lnb. But may be a good idea if the dish will focus because the lnb is heavy.

Thanks for the insight.

elevation adjustment:

I agree with Tron.
Sometimes the placement of the LNB is not obvious, and moving it can cause more harm than good.
However, if you take full responsibility and claim it's way off (or missing), then here is a procedure I wrote up for a fellow member some time ago.
Make sure your mounting pole is plumb, and you know how to read the elevation bracket properly!
It assumed his true south satellite was close to 119° w.
Use a circular DBS satellite close to your own true south to perform the modification.

Anole on finding focal point of unknown dish:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1406345-post5.html

That was a simple fix. Didn't think of that! Will do if dish is off a lot. The weather is to be nice the weekend, I'm ready to install it.

Thanks abunch!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts