LNB Bracket Needed

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
I need the following LNB bracket to fit my Star Choice dish. I currently only have the original 50mm bracket. I need the equivalent 40mm bracket so I can properly mount my LNBs.

Does anybody have one in their junk box or know where I could get one?

LNB bracket.jpg

Thanks, but that's not the correct one. Note where the bolt is inserted. Yours has one hole. I think yours fits the Geosatpro dishes. But I need a wider holder with two holes. Mine is unusual and is only used on old commercial dishes like Star Choice.

I need the following LNB bracket to fit my Star Choice dish. I currently only have the original 50mm bracket. I need the equivalent 40mm bracket so I can properly mount my LNBs.

View attachment 162364

That's the bracket used on this Winegard dish, sold by Solid Signal:

Reactions: Lee60

View attachment 162364
I think I have one in my satellite warehouse (lol) you can have for the shipping.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
So here's the rest of the story. Sometimes necessity is the mother of invention.

I found a piece of black plastic pipe laying about with 1 7/8" outer diameter and 1 9/16" inner diameter. So it's wall thickness is about 5/32". I cut off about 1 1/3" from the pipe. I then cut this piece vertically in half. So I ended up with two semi-circular pieces of plastic pipe.

It turns out if you put these two pieces of plastic around the neck of a 40 mm LNB, then the LNB perfectly fits a 50 mm LNB bracket. As a result, I was able to use the original 50 mm bracket to hold the 40 mm LNB and the LNB is working perfectly since it is correctly positioned at the face of the dish.