LNB Drift Detected

ms2knights

Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hi, I am new here, and I am hoping you can help me with an issue I am having.

I noticed that some channels specifically on SAT 148 Transponder 9 are not coming in. I did a check switch, and everything was fine with Sats 110,119, and 148. However, I went to system info, and got the red box with an "X" on 148, and green boxes for both 110 and 119. When I clicked details I got "LNB drift detected". Under that there are two lines, one showing numbers followed by 110 (e-6) and the bottom line showing 119 (e-6). I have done a search about this here. I am confused though, because I am having issues with the channels specifically international on the 148 Sat, and the red box with an X in the system info screen is on the 148 Sat, yet in the details there is nothing showing a drift on 148, rather the 110 and 119. Can someone please explain how I can resolve this issue, and whats going on? Oh yeah, the problem I am having is on a Dishnetwork 501 receiver. Also, my dishnetwork 311 recevier show the same issue, however, I am not having the missing channel issue with that receiver, even though it shows the same problems in the system info screen. Thanks

E 2

Part of the problem may be the fact that E2 at 148 went bad. E* shifted all to E1. Your receiver may need to be rebooted and check switch done again. This may allow it to reset itself.

Thanks for the replies. So, it must be my dish with the Sat 148 LNB. Is it possible to substitute the dish, which is the single LNB with a dish 500 satellite dish? I want to know if this will work, to see if this solves my problem. The reason I ask, is that I have an extra dish 500 dish laying around, and this way I would not have to buy a new LNB. Thanks

Post a picture of switch matrix - we had many times same puzzle when OP guessing, thinking, etc - the picture will show us everything what we need to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts