LNB drift on 129

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
No HD signal for a couple of hours this afternoon, VIP622. The picture did come back and now working again. Called Dish, ran the checks which told the Dish tech that reception on 129 was "on the fringe" and needed a service call for realignment. Got it scheduled for Monday morning. She told me this service call would at no charge. I am still on protection plan with 2 months left in my 18 month commitment. Can anyone enlightment on two questions: 1. Is normally done at no charge and 2. Do I really need a realignment or a new lnb? Thanks.

Dish contractor changed LNB, seemed to think there was no problem with it. He thought I may need a new 622. The 129 reading is still -5, which the CSR thought needed attention. The system in working fine. What is going on here?

Run a new checkswitch to inialize the LNB Drift vales back to zero. Those values are stored in memory and you have to run a checkswitch to zero them out.

Can someone tell me how to run a checkswitch? Searched here but found nothing. Did discover that pressing the Glossary from anywhere takes you back to the home page.

Dish contractor changed LNB, seemed to think there was no problem with it. He thought I may need a new 622. The 129 reading is still -5, which the CSR thought needed attention. The system in working fine. What is going on here?
My 129 is -5 also. Here is answer from tech support:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate the detailed information you have provided us. Based on the data, the LNB Drift reading you are currently getting is acceptable. We would consider this to be a problem if the reading were =/- 8.00 as the LNB would need to be replaced if the reading were to surpass this level. If you notice the reading getting higher, or you start to experience signal loss error messages or pixilation please let us know as soon as possible. Thanks for your time and interest in this matter.
Your business is greatly appreciated and we thank you for allowing us to be of assistance to you. If you have further questions you can respond to this e-mail or access our online technical support.

I called Dish Saturday, and spoke to someone in the Continental USA.

My 129 lnb was reporting (e -7.18) so while activating an old 510 I mentioned that. I was transferred to tech support who said -7 was the magic number and I'm getting my 129 lnb replaced Friday afternoon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts