LNB holder for Channelmaster 1.0m dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FYI: My 1.0M CM takes round struts and this CM-B1 LNB holder ($16.99) from prosat looks like a good fit:

Clamp2.jpg

Hey Iceman,
Here is the pic of the one I made.
Like I had mentioned, I chose the square tubing over the round.
Mine has a length of 40.5 inches:)

Attachments

• DSCF1899.JPG
    DSCF1899.JPG
    855.7 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCF1903.JPG
    DSCF1903.JPG
    708.3 KB · Views: 256
  • DSCF1905.JPG
    DSCF1905.JPG
    721.9 KB · Views: 270
I had one of these CM-B1 LNB holders on 1 meter CM Primestar dish. They are about the correct diameter for a newer KU linear LNBF. However in my experience this mount puts the LNBF just a little too far away from the dish. The original Primestar LNBF had a longer feedhorn opening than the new LNBF. Measuring from the front face of the LNBF to the center of the dish, the Primestar LNBF was about 28 inches away, and the new LNBF was almost 29 inches away. It will work at 29 inches, but it works much better at 28 inches. I ended up fabricating my own mount out of aluminum flatbar, but I was making a multiple LNBF setup at the time. I think you may shorten the arms a bit or maybe your LNBF will be able to slide ahead some.

I attached a pic of the original LNBF on that mount. The picture made me laugh, this was my first FTA dish. I used to change satellites by pushing this thing around on my front porch.

Attachments

• psr.jpg
    psr.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 279
I guess ghetto moving is OK, it's more the way that think looked that was silly. Two tire rims welded together and a rusty piece of exhaust pipe for a stand sitting right there by the front door. No wonder my wife hated that thing, but I absolutely loved it, especially on Sundays with all the Fox stations that we used to have. The 2 dishes that I have now are in the back yard where they are difficult for the neighbors to see. I did motorize the primestar dish, but after getting the 8 footer I didn't really need the Primestar anymore. I gave it to someone who is disabled and can't afford cable, now he's hooked on FTA too.

That dish looks like my 1 meter Prodelin. Here are some pics of the lnb bracket and such.

The dish came with a manual: 4096-433 Assembly Manual for Small Aperture Ku-Band Rx/O Antenna System, Rev B. 1997. I think that's the part number for the small aperture mount for the 0.6 through 1.0 meter dishes...

Part numbers for the bracket are:
4080-060 Top Feed Clamp
4080-059 Feed Mounting Bracket

FWIW.

If that plastic bracket doesn't work out you might get this prime focus adapter from Sadoun, stick it in a vise, bend it as necessary, and drill a couple of 1/4" holes for the arms if necessary. YMMV

EDIT: BTW, the feed mouth is about 27" - 27.5" from the face of the dish as measured from a point halfway between the side arm mounting points...

Attachments

• azi1.jpg
    azi1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 273
  • bracket bottom.jpg
    bracket bottom.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 296
  • bracket.jpg
    bracket.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 260
  • feed LNB and bracket.jpg
    feed LNB and bracket.jpg
    384.8 KB · Views: 346
  • prodelin rear.jpg
    prodelin rear.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
interesting info Harry...Thanks!

I have one of those Sadoun brackets....never thought of that (**slaps forehead**)

well the one bracket posted earlier should be here tomorrow :)

yay! It came today

Couldn't work on it because my 2 nieces were here today and we were too busy playing frogger :D

I checked out the URL

Do they sell the three feed support arms?

Better yet does any one have the the feed support arms they want to part with? I only need one.

The bottom one.

for CM 1m? futurevisionsat has

Feed legs for CM 1.2m for $35+S/H

That dish looks like my 1 meter Prodelin. Here are some pics of the lnb bracket and such.

The dish came with a manual: 4096-433 Assembly Manual for Small Aperture Ku-Band Rx/O Antenna System, Rev B. 1997. I think that's the part number for the small aperture mount for the 0.6 through 1.0 meter dishes...

Part numbers for the bracket are:
4080-060 Top Feed Clamp
4080-059 Feed Mounting Bracket

FWIW.

If that plastic bracket doesn't work out you might get this prime focus adapter from Sadoun, stick it in a vise, bend it as necessary, and drill a couple of 1/4" holes for the arms if necessary. YMMV

EDIT: BTW, the feed mouth is about 27" - 27.5" from the face of the dish as measured from a point halfway between the side arm mounting points...

Would you be interested in selling the bracket?

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts