LNB to motor cable-Loss of signal issue..

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
My setup has mostly been pretty stable except I lose signal on occasion..When I take the old receiver/tv out to the dish, the signal pops right in..I then find that the Coaxial cable from the LNBF to the motor (DG280) has to be somewhat loose for the signal to come in on the openbox 9. Just checked the Coax-It's Dish Network RG59..Would the RG6 be better for something like this? Are the connectors different?

RG-59 should NEVER be used as cabling in a modern satellite system, not even for a simple jumper! Get an RG-6 jumper, rated for 3 GHZ, and you'll be all set.

RG-59 uses the same connectors, it just is a smaller cable, and has too great a db loss at satellite frequencies.

The RG-59 center conductor is smaller than that of RG-6. Moving the dish probably causes the conductor to make, and break, connection within the connector. I don't even use 59 for television wiring for that reason. But, if someone wants, I have about 3/4 of a 1000ft spool of it. Pay the shipping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)