LNB type & switch

jbdees

Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Tehachapi
Hello all and thank you in advance for any assistance you can give. I have a 2.4 meter circular dish with a legacy dual LNBF. Due to our location we only receive signal from Sat 119. I have one cable into house to my DPPlus 625.
First question, should I be able to get different channels on my bedroom TV?
Next--my 2 neighbors want to connect to my satellite dish with their TV's. What switch, if any, will accomodate them or do we need to change LNB's?

The 625 needs 2 cables from the Legacy dual LNB. If you want to share the raw dish signal with your neighbors a Directv 3x4 or 3x8 multiswitch will work with Legacy LNB and 1 satellite location.

Could I use a splitter from one of the ports off the LNB direct to hook up the neighbors and their 2 receivers? Or should I purchase a dish pro dual LNBF?

If you want to replace your Legacy dual LNB with a Dish Pro single LNB you can use a hifrequency satellite splitter as long as you are looking at only one satellite and using Dish Pro receivers.

The easiest thing would be a 2x4 or 3x4 or 3x8 multiswitch (the 3rd port is for an antenna)...run both lines into the multisiwtch and hook up the receivers

If you got a DP dual you could add a DP34 switch but then you're really not gaining anything because you still need 2 lines for the 625

The splitter could be used but you'd need a DP dual (or single) LNB and can flake out.

Honestly the 3x4 (2x4, 2x8) multiswitch would be the simplest and probably the easiest option

No a DPP44 is for switching from one satellite location to another about $150 a 3x4 multiswitch as Iceberg and I both suggested would be $7-10 in the U.S.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)