LNBF Testing Comparison: SL1PLL / PLL321s / ESX521

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did see the power and that is a good point, However the power consumed by the Primestar LNBFs can far exceed those and are not at all consistant. I have weeded out 2 that were 800 ma or more. So, 160 ma did not bother me. Actually, I notice a difference in frequency deviation, but no units, and that was the question I started the reply to ask. In my ham VFOs 2 Hz would not be a problem. 2 Kz would be a minor problem but 2 Mhz would be a serious problem... And 1% -- you had better know about it.

Other than that all three units seem to perform similarly.

Please also notice.... I wasn't indicating that the ESX321 performs similarly. You will notice in this and in past tests, the increased signal noise causes some signal issues with weaker transponders. The sister LNBF ESX521 performs much better, but the ESX321 does not have very good comparative performance. The ESX321 would probably give much better readings if they dialed back the gain. This seems to be a repeated finding in several members tests.

Brian,

Today I was going in try my new DMSI PLL321 LNBF, but then thought "why" because the SL2 Bullet LNBF currently installed has been working great with no breakups on any transponder.

This then got me wondering "How much better would the new SL1 PLL LNBF be compared to your own SL2 Bullet LNBF?". I would love to see a comparison between these two Satellite A/V products.

Thank You,
Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)