Local Channel Connector (LCC) - Quits Working Every Day

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fatpug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Here
I ended up talking to a supervisor and they sent me out a LCC since there is a programming dispute in my area. It works great until it quits. I hooked it up to a roof top antenna and it is clear.

Unfortunately it is not stable. Is has never went over 24 hours without issues. When I go to a LCC channel the screen is white. To fix this I have to setup the LCC again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

It could be defective, but it's more likely that it's just not a very good product. What's the terrain in your area and how far are the transmitting towers?

I ended up talking to a supervisor and they sent me out a LCC since there is a programming dispute in my area. It works great until it quits. I hooked it up to a roof top antenna and it is clear.

Unfortunately it is not stable. Is has never went over 24 hours without issues. When I go to a LCC channel the screen is white. To fix this I have to setup the LCC again.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Had something similar to those symptoms with my AM-21 connected to my HR54. It appears to lose connection when the OTA station's signal strength gets low, and then doesn't recapture the signal when it improves. The signal strength can fluctuate, especially if you are near the fringe of a station's signal. Your 'fringe' area depends a lot on how good your antenna is, how high it is and whether it's inside or outside.

You can watch your OTA signal strengths fluctuate a bit live in your Setup menu on your DVR. What are they on your weakest station?

When I 'unchecked' my 'weak' stations, my AM-21 started working fine again. I'm going to reposition my antenna sometime over the weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts