Local channels on DTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TTitansfan

Original poster
May 30, 2010
US
Well I finally got my satellite working in my RV which is in Cali but I brought my receiver which was installed in Tenn so on the setup page it lists my Tenn area code. Do I need to change this and if so how? When I go to the guide it lists my home channels from Tenn (such as local news) but the time is shown as two hours later (shows time as 6:00 pm when it is only 4:00 pm here) but of coarse when I try to go to them they are blacked out. So I guess I need to ask if I can pick up the local news channels in the area I am in and again if so - how? Also, if I sign up for the sports package will I get it on the receiver in Cali and the one I left behind in Tenn (it is still plugged up at home)?

Thanks in advance.
progress.gif

Well I finally got my satellite working in my RV which is in Cali but I brought my receiver which was installed in Tenn so on the setup page it lists my Tenn area code. Do I need to change this and if so how? When I go to the guide it lists my home channels from Tenn (such as local news) but the time is shown as two hours later (shows time as 6:00 pm when it is only 4:00 pm here) but of coarse when I try to go to them they are blacked out. So I guess I need to ask if I can pick up the local news channels in the area I am in and again if so - how? Also, if I sign up for the sports package will I get it on the receiver in Cali and the one I left behind in Tenn (it is still plugged up at home)?

Thanks in advance.
progress.gif

You didn't say what recvr your using, if it has a OTA tuner in it, you can hook it up to it and get the locals from where your at.
If it doesn't, you'll need to add a AM21 OTA tuner.
Either way they will integrate into your D* lineup.

The reason your not getting on your Tennessee channels is they are on spot beams and your out of the spotbeam area.

What a game last weekend, Steeler's and Titans :up

Well now I feel even dumber than I did earlier! What is an OTA tuner and how do I know if it does. I did not get to see the game which is why I wanted to bring the receiver with me.

Well now I feel even dumber than I did earlier! What is an OTA tuner and how do I know if it does. I did not get to see the game which is why I wanted to bring the receiver with me.

Welcome to the Site !

First of all, what recvr are you using and I'll know if it has one built into it.

OTA is Over the Air

OTA = Over The Air. It's the tuner that can receiver stations from an antenna.

The H20 receiver and HR20 DVR have this built in. Any other receiver will require the AM21 add-on tuner.

JD,
I'm not up on the older ones as I've never had them, the D 12 doesn't have an OTA tuner does it ?
The AM 21 works with the D series right ?

Provided it doesn't have the tuner in it, I don't think it does, you will need a AM21 module.

its a pass through. My mom has one of those in her bedroom...

SD only
No DVR
antenna is a passthrough

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts