Local Channels optional

I had OTA data with my 722K when I was on flex also. I am now on 120 to get NBCSN. I would like to drop locals if I will still get OTA data on the 120 plan.

It has been a while back but when I had a regular 722 and locals were optional. The guide data showed "digital service" for ota when not subbing to locals.

After opting out of locals early this morning on mydish the h3 guide data for ota is still there. Am a happy camper at this point, wife not so much. The only network we don't get ota is pbs, dish only provided the sd version of it. Politely told her, sorry babe but I'm not paying $10 for pbs in sd.

Reactions: TheKrell
Still have my 211k ,that has not been subscribed since 2012, hooked up to both satellite and ota antenna and it still has guide information for the ota locals. I only use the receiver to power my terk clip on antenna on my second sat dish .

What I have been seeing is that you keep the guide data if you cancel OTA on flex and you lose it if you cancel OTA on any other packages. Now, we wait for The Krell to inform us as to what he sees now that he cancelled OTA on AT250...

Reactions: charlesrshell
What I have been seeing is that you keep the guide data if you cancel OTA on flex and you lose it if you cancel OTA on any other packages. Now, we wait for The Krell to inform us as to what he sees now that he cancelled OTA on AT250...

I should've clarified, currently sub to the AT 250 on the h3. Dropped locals on mydish this morning at 6 am eastern time and still have guide data for ota at this point. That may change overnight but am keeping fingers crossed it won't.

I should've clarified, currently sub to the AT 250 on the h3. Dropped locals on mydish this morning at 6 am eastern time and still have guide data for ota at this point. That may change overnight but am keeping fingers crossed it won't.
Ah, there's one! Now let's see what stardust and krell see tomorrow...

so smart pack is 31.99 now
and dish america is 44.99 now
both without locals. cheaper then. hmm
i have flex pack and the variety pack and latino bonus pack and the heartland package.
the channel i watch mostly is id tv

Sorry for the delay guys and gals. I'm having a hell of a time upgrading my daughter's computer to a 1TB system disk. :crying

I dropped locals via satellite and I still have guide data on my OTA locals. I have VIP receivers and AT250. :D

What I have been seeing is that you keep the guide data if you cancel OTA on flex and you lose it if you cancel OTA on any other packages.
Myself and others have reported that we still have OTA guide data on receivers that were completely deactivated long before Flex Pack even existed. At this point, it shouldn't matter which package you had immediately prior to dropping locals.

so smart pack is 31.99 now
and dish america is 44.99 now
both without locals. cheaper then. hmm
i have flex pack and the variety pack and latino bonus pack and the heartland package.
the channel i watch mostly is id tv

ID is in Smart Pack. Some channels from the Heartland Package are in the Smart Pack like Discovery Family, Hallmark, and Hallmark Movie Channel. I believe the Latino Bonus Pack can be kept with the Smart Pack; I wish it could be added to the Welcome Pack along with some of the channel packs. For more information on the Smart Pack: Smart Pack | English Programming | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Sorry for the delay guys and gals. I'm having a hell of a time upgrading my daughter's computer to a 1TB system disk. :crying

I dropped locals via satellite and I still have guide data on my OTA locals. I have VIP receivers and AT250. :D

Well, I have bad news. After I dropped the channels yesterday, all the guide data on my OTA locals were still there, except for a few that were always missing. After the reboot last night, many channels are missing data for their main -01 channel, including the channel I record most, WETA (PBS). The bizarre thing about this is that the WETA subchannels are all still listed properly. :crying Can this be as intended?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Well, I have bad news. After I dropped the channels yesterday, all the guide data on my OTA locals were still there, except for a few that were always missing. After the reboot last night, many channels are missing data for their main -01 channel, including the channel I record most, WETA (PBS). The bizarre thing about this is that the WETA subchannels are all still listed properly. :crying Can this be as intended?

Sounds more like a glitch? Do a reboot? ..

Losing the guide data for the main channels but not the sub channels actually lines up with what we experienced in Chicago when Tribune/Dish had a dispute. When WGN was taken off (the -01 channel), we lost the guide data, but the -02 and -03 subchannels data were never lost. (After a couple of weeks, Dish manually added the WGN guide data back). I have a feeling that the guide data is tied somehow to the local channels "group" that you subscribe to so you get the guide data for those channels when you subscribe to locals.

But I agree with Hall - it makes more sense for it to be an all or nothing.

Do you still have all your guide data for the OTA channels after an overnight?

Yeah, that doesn't seem right. People might lose guide data (now), but it's going to be an all or nothing thing, not get some channels but not others.
There is definitely a difference with the authorization for the -01 channels, for whatever reason. With ViP receivers, I have been fighting an issue off-and-on for a long while where sometimes after the nightly reboot (and after any other time I reset the receiver) any subchannels (whether they have guide data or not) along with any -01 channels that never have guide data, all get deauthorized and listed as red in the guide. They will get skipped when I channel-surf through the OTA channel range because they are no longer on the My Channels list. I have to re-scan the OTA channels and save the changes in order to restore the deauthorized channels. The guide data remains for the -01 channels (that normally have guide data) the entire time, though, and those channels never get deauthorized.

Ahhh, this is related to Dish not actually pulling in (from the guide provider) and inserting distinct guide data for the -01 channels. As crodrules alludes to, the -01 channels are just blindly re-mapped from the satellite guide data. That's why, when there are channel disputes, people with OTA through their Dish receivers lose this guide data as well, when they should not.

now that local channels are optional, if someone wants to switch from the flex pack to say the 120 pack would they lose the $5.00 credit for the balance of the 24 months?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts