Local Channels optional

now that local channels are optional, if someone wants to switch from the flex pack to say the 120 pack would they lose the $5.00 credit for the balance of the 24 months?
You shouldn't lose it as long as you keep autopay. That is a separate offer. I am pretty sure you would lose the price-lock guarantee (if you have one) though.

now that local channels are optional, if someone wants to switch from the flex pack to say the 120 pack would they lose the $5.00 credit for the balance of the 24 months?
Yes. I attempted to make a change and got the warning that the credit would be removed.

Well, I suppose the worst-case scenario is that Liam4824 could still sign a new contract for the Renewal Offer on AT120, which would also come with the autopay credit, in order to get that credit back. If Liam4824 is already under contract, the new contract would only extend the end date by the number of months that the current contract has already been in effect.

Reactions: Tampa8
Sounds more like a glitch? Do a reboot? ..

I did last night on my 722 without changing anything. I did not however rescan, so that's another thing to try tonight.
People might lose guide data (now), but it's going to be an all or nothing thing, not get some channels but not others.

Yeah; it was bizarre. I still had subchannel data but not the main -01 channel data! Maybe DIRT can advise...

Reactions: Tampa8
I tried rescanning and triggering a new guide download via Check Switch, and still no go on some primary -01 channels. :crying

Reactions: bhawley
As noted above, the -01 channel is handled uniquely by Dish. Users can't fix this.

I was able to find this in the uplink report. In an earlier post, I mentioned that during the Tribune dispute, our channel WGN9 lost the guide data, but then it came back as the dispute got longer even though we didn't have the channel. Here is the uplink report that REMOVED the guide data as it's own stand alone channel: 9/21/2016 19:16 - Uplink Report - 106 Changes

As Hall mentioned, right now, all the -01 channels are linked directly to the satellite channels. So instead of WGN9 being tied to channel 15950, it is now tied to 8494, whereas the subchannels (-02 and -03) that Dish doesn't have are 15357 and 15358. I am 99.9% sure that if I removed locals, WGN9 would say "Digital Service", whereas if that channel 15950 were still there, removing WGN9 would still allow me to keep the guide data.

Which makes me wonder how some people who removed the locals are still able to get guide data from the -01 channels. Dish should put all those standalone guide data "channels" back so those that remove locals can be guaranteed to see their guide data.

I have Flex and in the past, dropped locals, but keep the guide data for ALL OTA channels that I had data for previously. That includes the -01 channel. So Dish can accommodate it.

I am communicating with a guy from Dish Technical Operations on this issue. I thought at first that he was a member of the Dish Internet Response Team affectionately called DIRT. But he says he's not part of that team. Glad we got him here anyhow, and he may be just the right guy for the job. I hope!

This morning he gets a screen grab of my guide.

In addition the the no locals on Flex for the past year, I also have "moved" to a city outside of my spotbeam, and I still get the OTA guide data for my "local" locals .

Doing my best Dana Carvey imitation, "Well aren't you special"?

I wonder if that really is the case with Flex. I don't have the new cards like you do.

I wonder if that really is the case with Flex. I don't have the new cards like you do.
Well, if OTA guide data is that important to you, maybe that is the first thing you should try: get the new card. You don't have to actually switch to Flex Pack. Just tell Dish that you are considering switching to Flex Pack and you want the new card, and they will send you one for free. As I suggested earlier, this seems to be an issue with the authorization for the guide data, so maybe a new Smart Card would help.

Yes, Krell, drink the G4 Smart Card kool-aid. Resistance is futile. :D
I normally advise against switching to the G4 Smart Card unless you need it for Flex Pack, because receivers with the G3 Smart Card still work for free preview channels after they are deactivated, while deactivated receivers with the G4 Smart Card normally do not work for free preview channels. In TheKrell's case, though, if he has no intention of deactivating his receiver and continuing to use it for free previews, then the new card certainly couldn't hurt.

No word yet from Dish Technical Operations. :( No guide for WETA 26-01. I didn't try the G4 card either, because that seems like such a long shot. But as this drags on, I may go ahead and request them.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)