Local HD in Greensboro NC

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zikdaman

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 21, 2006
I'm speaking to Dish tech support and he's telling me that I need 2 dishes in order to get local HD in Greensboro NC. I was under the impression that because I already have the 1000.2 dish that I was all set for local hd. Anyone getting hd in this area without having the monstrosity of 2 dishes on their property?

I'm speaking to Dish tech support and he's telling me that I need 2 dishes in order to get local HD in Greensboro NC. I was under the impression that because I already have the 1000.2 dish that I was all set for local hd. Anyone getting hd in this area without having the monstrosity of 2 dishes on their property?
Nope, you need a dish pointed at 61.5.

Thanks, set up an appointment for them to install the other dish. At least they waived the charges.

Hi Zikdaman

They will tell you that you must have 2 dishes. I fought with them for about 3 hours, but the tech support manager for my region just happened to be shadowing my tech guy who was installing my upgrade. They gave me the hardest time... and I think I was speaking to someone in India who told me that they know the one arch dish would not give me hd and local channels. They kept telling me I would have to get the two dishes in order to have it all. The tech manager from nc who was standing right beside me said all new installations get the single dish and it has nothing to do with being in the Eastern region or anything like that - he does them every day. If you need the exact Arch dish they used I can find out for you, but I said - give me everything else in HD and locals only not - I could care less.... they kept saying no. Finally I spoke to this brand new office called the loyalties dept and they said that they would help me and they did. Unlike the lady in India who was telling me 1) it was impossible, 2) if they can do it - she would charge me 450.00 for a second receiver 3) who kept putting me on hold and disconnected us 3 times urrrrrggg!!! :mad: The loyalties dept only came on the line because I let the lady from India who was a manager for the call center know I was not giving up on this. When I finally got to the loyalties dept. they ended up giving me 1 dish, one fee of 75.00 and two new HD dvr boxes (these were both upgrades to what I currently had). I am very happy with this :) Let me know if you have questions... The tech manager from NC said they are making all old customers have two dishes and the new customers get the single dish option - Im sure it's about cost and not wanting to have to ditch old technology.