Local Weather

Status
Please reply by conversation.
According to the Access mag for September, there is going to be local on the 8's on The Weather Channel. It says in an ad that they will have your local weather on them. It says it will only be on the SD feed. Also on the page where it talks about the US Open tennis coverage, it says some new features for local weather on D*'s active channel. Does anyone know anything about this and if so, when will it start.

Yesterday, Monday, September 8th, I noticed on the SD version of The Weather Channel a "Hurricane Ike Update" scrolled at the bottom of the screen in a very similar fashion to the cable version of scrolling watches and warnings. In addition, the clock at the bottom of the screen was three hours behind as if it was set to Pacific time (I live in the Eastern time zone), and it had white on black numbers as opposed to the white on blue on the traditional national version. I am wondering if this was a test of the new "local on the 8's" format that might be used. The message appeared on and off for a few hours during the mid to late morning and into early afternoon. Did anyone else see this, and if so, what do you think it might have been?

Also, someone mentioned that Dish Network does something different to their local on the 8's. Does anyone know what that might be?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)